bibuloustricorn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am currently taking Chemistry, Biology, RS and Art an am in year 12. I know that it is useful only to take 3 A levels for medicine in order to focus on achieving the highest grades possible however I am also an art scholar which makes dropping the subject slightly trickier. By the end of this year, I will have put hundreds of hours into my sketchbook I should also mention I am taking Art Pre U so there is no exam next year.
Do I drop Art and risk my scholarship being taken away or continue all 4 subjects?
bubblecat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
why not drop RS?
bibuloustricorn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by bubblecat)
why not drop RS?
Because you can hardly apply for medicine with Bio, Chem and Art. RS at least has ethics which are related to medical practice.
bubblecat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by bibuloustricorn)
Because you can hardly apply for medicine with Bio, Chem and Art. RS at least has ethics which are related to medical practice.
of course you can apply for medicine with Bio, Chem and Art. as long as you have Bio & Chem it doesn’t matter what the third one is as long as you get a good grade in it. RS & Art are both irrelevant to medicine so may as well pick Art.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by bibuloustricorn)
I am currently taking Chemistry, Biology, RS and Art an am in year 12. I know that it is useful only to take 3 A levels for medicine in order to focus on achieving the highest grades possible however I am also an art scholar which makes dropping the subject slightly trickier. By the end of this year, I will have put hundreds of hours into my sketchbook I should also mention I am taking Art Pre U so there is no exam next year.
Do I drop Art and risk my scholarship being taken away or continue all 4 subjects?
There is a thread made for questions like this (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5611422).

Only one college in Cambridge asks for your third subject to be STEM, for the rest of the med schools - it doesn't matter as long as the third subject is not general studies / critical thinking (both not offered any more) or a foreign language that you speak natively.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (111)
59.68%
No (40)
21.51%
Not sure (35)
18.82%

Watched Threads