Can I get accepted into Law at Warwick with AAB?

Watch this thread
Delphic988
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all. I have just finished my A levels and am currently on a gap year. I plan to apply for law next year (LLB) and was wondering whether Warwick was worth a shot. I have got an A in both history and econ and a B in English lit. I know the requirements are AAA but I was 8 UMS marks off an A and I have obtained an A in the EPQ.

So is it worth applying or am I gonna be rejected straight away?

Many thanks
Last edited by Delphic988; 2 years ago
Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
If you applying through ucas isnt it worth trying one risky place?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Worth taking a risk with one choice as long as Warwick don't tell you not to bother after you email Admissions.

Where else are you thinking about applying?
Delphic988
Rep:
(Original post by harrysbar)
Worth taking a risk with one choice as long as Warwick don't tell you not to bother after you email Admissions.

Where else are you thinking about applying?
I've been thinking about Birmingham (requirements are AAA but with an EPQ it will be AAB), Aberdeen (ABB) and Lancaster (AAB), not sure about what my last two would be tbh 😅
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Delphic988)
I've been thinking about Birmingham (requirements are AAA but with an EPQ it will be AAB), Aberdeen (ABB) and Lancaster (AAB), not sure about what my last two would be tbh 😅
Ok so Warwick would be your one aspirational choice, no harm in that. You are very likely to get offers from the other ones on your list with AAB predictions, and might get lucky with Warwick. Are you mainly looking at campus unis in the North/Midlands?
Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It looks like you have a good balance of risky and safe choices, if you put Warick as one of your five then I think you should have another safe choice.
Last edited by Nununu; 2 years ago
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nununu)
It looks like you have a good balance of risky and safe choices, if you put Warick as one of your five then I think you should have another safe choice, perhaps one with BBB required?
He doesn't need to go down to BBB, those unis pretty much all end up in Clearing anyway
returnmigrant
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
The usual advice is to spread your choices across grade ranges :
* 1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades
* 2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
* 1 or 2 - below your predicted grade

so taking a punt at Warwick would be worth it just in case they might say yes!
Delphic988
Rep:
so today I've finally got a response from Warwick- They stated that I would be considered but I would be at a significant disadvantage since I have not met the typical offer. I have also emailed Manchester last week and they stated that they would not consider me.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I know the requirements are AAA but I was 8 UMS marks off an A and I have obtained an A in the EPQ.
UMS? When did you do your A levels...
Delphic988
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
I did my A levels this year and am deferring entry so I'm applying for 2020 courses with my actual grades
_gcx
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
to be fair might be confusing with raw or international
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I did my A levels this year and am deferring entry so I'm applying for 2020 courses with my actual grades
Ah, I see. You're usually in a stronger position with achieved, rather than predicted grades. However, I see from your earlier post that things have moved on. At least Warwick got back to you quickly.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _gcx)
to be fair might be confusing with raw or international
You're a CA... :shock:
_gcx
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You're a CA... :shock:
think I've been one for a year now, but year 13 seemed to drag forever so I don't really know. (first weeks at university has already felt like ages)
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
yesssssss they'll accept you hunny

let's get this bread.

ps - give me english lit advice & how you got your grade & what you got in the coursework. lets #pool our resources and support one another. Xox
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _gcx)
think I've been one for a year now, but year 13 seemed to drag forever so I don't really know. (first weeks at university has already felt like ages)
Ooh yes - how's it going? Hope all is well there and you're enjoying it
Elisamary30
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
if you’re interested, you could apply to do PPL ( Politics, Philosophy and Law) at Warwick. I got AAB in my a levels and am currently studying PPL, so you’d likely get an offer, especially because it’s a very new course and not many people know it exist, so it’s not as competitive as applying for straight law at Warwick.
Euphoria101
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cheerIeader)
yesssssss they'll accept you hunny

let's get this bread.

ps - give me english lit advice & how you got your grade & what you got in the coursework. lets #pool our resources and support one another. Xox
God help us
cheerIeader
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dyingstudent101)
God help us
hun pls i worked as an admissions tutor at warwick for a week and i know what i'm talking about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (31)
18.45%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40.48%
Not feeling great about that exam... (34)
20.24%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
20.83%

Watched Threads