The Student Room Group

Terrible learner driver??

I’ve had 24 lessons (1hr each , 2 a week ) and I’ve had 2 mock tests recently on the first one I got 5 majors and 17 minors and 3 weeks later I got 5 majors and 12 minors which isn’t very good at all!! I’ve got my test in 32 days too!! Will I be able to sort this out to pass first time??

My majors 2nd time were not being in correct lane on approach to roundabout , being too much in the opposite lane on the bypass , I go over the speed limit ( find them difficult to follow dky) , not signalling when moving off once and finally i hadn’t put my gear properly on 1 so rolled back(don’t usually do that tbh)

Trying to be positive but doesn’t look very promising at all :/

Scroll to see replies

Seems to me like your instructors not teaching you well.... maybe hire a different one
Original post by OR321
Seems to me like your instructors not teaching you well.... maybe hire a different one

I thought at first but he has a good record of passing ppl first time , even my sister!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Fayzan_Ali
I thought at first but he has a good record of passing ppl first time , even my sister!

Yeah but everyone suits different things. You might find that you learn better with someone else? And a lot of instructors say they have a history of passing people first time when it’s just not true 😂
Original post by OR321
Yeah but everyone suits different things. You might find that you learn better with someone else?

Hmm I feel like it might be too late to change with the test closing in , do you think I can improve within the time frame? And out of interest how much lessons did you have , pass first time and would you consider your self a good driver naturally?
Reply 5
2 hrs a week isn't enough. If you only spent 2 hrs a week learning to walk you would still be at it now! Find someone willing to add you to their insurance and get more practice in.
Hmm I feel like it might be too late to change with the test closing in , do you think I can improve within the time frame? And out of interest how much lessons did you have , pass first time and would you consider your self a good driver naturally?

I took a 20 hour crash course and like an idiot I couldn’t do my first test coz I failed the flippin eyesight test 😂😂. So I got some glasses, went back to do the test and passed. It’s hard to say if I’m a good driver now coz I haven’t driven since I passed, and this was back in March
Reply 7
Original post by Vinny C
2 hrs a week isn't enough. If you only spent 2 hrs a week learning to walk you would still be at it now! Find someone willing to add you to their insurance and get more practice in.

if I had more than 2hrs I feel I’d get sick of it as it does stress me out constantly going to lessons just want it out the way !!
Reply 8
Original post by OR321
I took a 20 hour crash course and like an idiot I couldn’t do my first test coz I failed the flippin eyesight test 😂😂. So I got some glasses, went back to do the test and passed. It’s hard to say if I’m a good driver now coz I haven’t driven since I passed, and this was back in March

Damn so you was practically taking lessons with bad eyesight 😂😂
Well at least you passed 2nd time eh I’d do anything to pass first time tired of lessons but Chances are slim ::////
Original post by Anonymous
Damn so you was practically taking lessons with bad eyesight 😂😂
Well at least you passed 2nd time eh I’d do anything to pass first time tired of lessons but Chances are slim ::////

I used to think my eyesight was pretty good. The test just slapped me right across the face tbh. But it’s all good, thinking about it now, I don’t even know why I was in such a hurry to pass my drivers test because I haven’t even used it yet 😂🤷*♂️
if I had more than 2hrs I feel I’d get sick of it as it does stress me out constantly going to lessons just want it out the way !!

Ah... a bit like being made to study an instrument you have no love for. If you get some lessons privately, you can get in some practice on quiet roads until you feel more confident. It is just practice, practice and more practice I'm afraid.
Original post by OR321
I used to think my eyesight was pretty good. The test just slapped me right across the face tbh. But it’s all good, thinking about it now, I don’t even know why I was in such a hurry to pass my drivers degree test because I haven’t even used it yet 😂🤷*♂️

Ahh it’s always good to get it out of the way , that’s what I’m tryna do bc with a levels I don’t wanna have to be putting my energy into anything else especially driving bc it’s mentally tiring and I think about it too much 🤣🤣
Original post by Vinny C
Ah... a bit like being made to study an instrument you have no love for. If you get some lessons privately, you can get in some practice on quiet roads until you feel more confident. It is just practice, practice and more practice I'm afraid.

Hmmm that’s true I just need to stick with it and hope for the best! Out of interest how much lessons did you do and first time pass?
Ahh it’s always good to get it out of the way , that’s what I’m tryna do bc with a levels I don’t wanna have to be putting my energy into anything else especially driving bc it’s mentally tiring and I think about it too much 🤣🤣

I did them whilst I was doing A Levels too and it does get exhausting coz I did 4 hours a week and I hated the lesson tbh. But the idea of just wanting to get it done motivated me
Hmmm that’s true I just need to stick with it and hope for the best! Out of interest how much lessons did you do and first time pass?

Hehe... 5th attempt but I ended up knowing the highway code better than the cops, lol. Was a nervous wreck every time but now love to drive. It's all about confidence and that only comes with practice.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by OR321
I did them whilst I was doing A Levels too and it does get exhausting coz I did 4 hours a week and I hated the lesson tbh. But the idea of just wanting to get it done motivated me

Ikr lessons genuinely take the pesssss but ya 32 days hopefully I can pass 😬😂 but at this rate NOT too sure
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Vinny C
Hehe... 5th attempt but I ended up knowing the highway code better than the cops, lol. Was a nervous wreck every time but now love to drive. It's all about confidence.

Wow how did you have the resilience to keep doing the tests feel like I’d be traumatised after failing the first!
Ikr lessons genuinely take the pesssss but ya 32 days hopefully I can pass 😬😂 but at this rate NOT too sure

Well I hope a wave of motivation punches you across the face soon. And good luck for your test, I hope you pass mate
Original post by OR321
Well I hope a wave of motivation punches you across the face soon. And good luck for your test, I hope you pass mate

Ah I hope so too and cheers bro 🙏🏼
I hope you don't pass if you're making those sort of mistakes regularly.... I think you need more than 8 more hours so I would either add in way more lessons or delay your test, you don't sound anywhere near ready

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending