Humiliated and confused Watch

Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
She was just giving you a test on that might out. And you passed!

So, put aside that night out. If apart from that evening the 2 of you are getting along fine, then carry on. And don't dump her.

Just watch out for any more moody behaviour from her. If she does this sort of thing less often than 4 times a year, then I'd see it as no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Any more often than that and her behaviour would be too tiresome.

About the athletes thing, I'd just say "The definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... You're not still with any of those athletes, are you?" IE use it as a way to "sell" yourself to her, or to cement your place in her heart. You could also say "Part of growing up is trying different things and seeing what works and what doesn't"

My sister has a degree in psychology. She's actually pretty average at understanding people's basic inner psychology and workings. It seems that all they taught her was the history of psychology. Plus the ability to put technical terms to certain conditions and states of mind.

And BTW, God bless America! It's a great country.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
She was just giving you a test on that might out. And you passed!

So, put aside that night out. If apart from that evening the 2 of you are getting along fine, then carry on. And don't dump her.

Just watch out for any more moody behaviour from her. If she does this sort of thing less often than 4 times a year, then I'd see it as no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Any more often than that and her behaviour would be too tiresome.

About the athletes thing, I'd just say "The definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... You're not still with any of those athletes, are you?" IE use it as a way to "sell" yourself to her, or to cement your place in her heart. You could also say "Part of growing up is trying different things and seeing what works and what doesn't"

My sister has a degree in psychology. She's actually pretty average at understanding people's basic inner psychology and workings. It seems that all they taught her was the history of psychology. Plus the ability to put technical terms to certain conditions and states of mind.

And BTW, God bless America! It's a great country.
Thanks! No way 4 times a year!! Next time she’s out!!! Things are going very well and I hope it was a one-off from being frustrated!
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks! No way 4 times a year!! Next time she’s out!!! Things are going very well and I hope it was a one-off from being frustrated!
Agreed. Next time she will need dumping for sure! There is something I missed about this that’s interesting. You mentioned that she approached you out of nowhere and on her own. I don’t know how much of a predictor of anything it is, but twice I have known this from a girl (both times with friends) and she’s turned out to be psycho who plays all kinds of mind games. Scary.
Last edited by Welshvisitor; 3 days ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Welshvisitor)
Agreed. Next time she will need dumping for sure! There is something I missed about this that’s interesting. You mentioned that she approached you out of nowhere and on her own. I don’t know how much of a predictor of anything it is, but twice I have known this from a girl (both times with friends) and she’s turned out to be psycho who plays all kinds of mind games. Scary.
Well, I had been introduced to her last July during a summer term. She walked up to say hi one afternoon outside the cafeteria, then later that night at a local night club. We really hit it off and have spent all our free time together!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads