Can i self teach a level bio and chem using cgp guides? Watch

mathspaperfree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
The books say they have all the content covered, i will use exam questions as well as past papers to get an A*.
Angelholic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mathspaperfree)
The books say they have all the content covered, i will use exam questions as well as past papers to get an A*.
Yes you can self teach your self the content of the subject. But please buy the CGP book for your exam board. You wouldnt want to learn
concept that is not tested for your exam board. Then again, I would recommend still reading ahead so you can better understand the topic in class.
Remember to always ask question you are unsure of. "A person who ask questions is only a fool for a second, a person who doesnt is a fool for their life. "
Liepaja278
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mathspaperfree)
No.
CGP (revision guides im assuming you mean) do have all the content but are vague and you can revise off of them but not necessarily teach yourself the whole syllabus. Which I do not recommend anyways.
For biology the best textbook would be the oxford 2nd edition one that is written by glen toole and for chemistry i am not too sure.
Theyre expensive but they cover the topics niceley and they have good questions. Even then I foudn that my teacher said something that the textbook does not.
You will need many other resources if you are going to self teach. But unless you have done it before I really dont recommend it esp as they are extremely content heavy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?