GCSE Revision Tips

Watch this thread
QueenBri
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am quite worried about my upcoming mocks in November and January and the GCSE’s in general. If anyone has any revision tips please comment them below.

Charlotte LG
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by QueenBri)
I am quite worried about my upcoming mocks in November and January and the GCSE’s in general. If anyone has any revision tips please comment them below.
You can find many different revision methods depending on how you learn. One thing I would absolutely recommend is BBC bitesize, I used it at GCSE and found it very good. For sciences, MyGCSEscience was a website full of exam board specific videos, it is a paid subscription but I found it very useful and it got me through my three GCSE sciences! Mocks as well, don’t worry too much about how you do in them. They are an opportunity to make any mistakes and learn from them, they are a way of revision effectively. You will be fine! I hope this helps and I wish you luck with your GCSEs! 😊👍
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Start to revise now but don’t overload yourself, an hour a day is plenty.

Try out different revision techniques and see which one fits you. Some people find blurting out notes onto a mind map is useful for them but completely different compared to someone else’s revision style.

Are you a visual, auditory, or kinaesthetic learner? (Have a look at the link below if you’re interested)

It might be worth creating a revision timetable to try stay on track with your studies. You don’t have to religiously follow it, after all it’s just a guide to keep you going.

What subjects are you doing for your GCSEs?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
http://www.educationplanner.org/stud...les-quiz.shtml
Leahjade1st
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
i too am in the same positions, i've started making revision materials so that i dont have to panic as much near exam season. i recommend u do the same. also seneca is an amazing website. flashcards and small notes are best to revise from as well as mind maps, but only when u understand the general topic. dont just revise something you dont understand or it wont be retained.
QueenBri
Rep:
Thank you all so much! 😀
Last edited by QueenBri; 2 years ago
QueenBri
Rep:
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Start to revise now but don’t overload yourself, an hour a day is plenty.

Try out different revision techniques and see which one fits you. Some people find blurting out notes onto a mind map is useful for them but completely different compared to someone else’s revision style.

Are you a visual, auditory, or kinaesthetic learner? (Have a look at the link below if you’re interested)

It might be worth creating a revision timetable to try stay on track with your studies. You don’t have to religiously follow it, after all it’s just a guide to keep you going.

What subjects are you doing for your GCSEs?
I’m doing:
Separate Sciences
Maths
English
Drama
History
French
RE
QueenBri
Rep:
(Original post by Charlotte LG)
You can find many different revision methods depending on how you learn. One thing I would absolutely recommend is BBC bitesize, I used it at GCSE and found it very good. For sciences, MyGCSEscience was a website full of exam board specific videos, it is a paid subscription but I found it very useful and it got me through my three GCSE sciences! Mocks as well, don’t worry too much about how you do in them. They are an opportunity to make any mistakes and learn from them, they are a way of revision effectively. You will be fine! I hope this helps and I wish you luck with your GCSEs! 😊👍
Thank you so much 😀🙏🏽. I’m definitely going to check out those websites! 😊😆
QueenBri
Rep:
(Original post by Leahjade1st)
i too am in the same positions, i've started making revision materials so that i dont have to panic as much near exam season. i recommend u do the same. also seneca is an amazing website. flashcards and small notes are best to revise from as well as mind maps, but only when u understand the general topic. dont just revise something you dont understand or it wont be retained.
That’s so true and thank you 🙏🏽. I’ll check out that website 😆😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads