Nithumigah
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, this is my first GYG blog and I know this year is going to be a pretty busy year and I thought why not keep track of it as this is the year I do my GCSE mocks starting on November 25th and my actual GCSEs that I will be sitting in 2020. For my mocks I intend to reach or preferably exceed my target grades as our school gives our mock results on Parent's Evening (I know!) and I realise I have less than two months until they actually start. So that being said, I will be posting about school, general feelings and updates on my revision. I think I will be posting my revision resources like mindmaps on here, that way I will know I have been revising for these mocks and it will prevent cramming for the exam. For my A levels I intend to do Maths, Further Maths and Physics which are definite as I would love to do at Maths degree and complete a PhD in Maths at somewhere like Oxbridge as Maths is my favourite subject. Obviously, it is extremely important for me to achieve a 9 in this GCSE mock in November but in general I would like to do really well in mocks.Not sure yet if I want to do a fourth A level, depends on how I do in my mocks. So just a final thank you in advance for anyone who will be reading my posts on this GYG thread.
Target grades for each subject:
(Edexcel) Maths-Grade 9
( AQA) Biology-Grade 8/9
(AQA) Chemistry-Grade 8/9
(AQA) Physics- Grade 8/9
(AQA) Computer Science- Grade 8/9
(AQA) Business- Grade 8/9
(OCR B) Geography - Grade 8/9
(AQA) French-Grade 8
(AQA) English Literature - Grade 7/8
(AQA) English Language- Grade 7/8
Last edited by Nithumigah; 1 year ago
casabonita
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey, good luck for this year! i'm doing maths & further maths for my a levels too (i just started yr12), so if you need any advice about anything, just ask!
we have a few gcses in common - maths, bio, chem, physics, computer science, english lit, and english lang. so if you want any advice on those subjects throughout the year ill try my best to help! hope you get all the grades you want at mocks, it's great that you're prepared and motivated already!
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
(Original post by casabonita)
hey, good luck for this year! i'm doing maths & further maths for my a levels too (i just started yr12), so if you need any advice about anything, just ask!
we have a few gcses in common - maths, bio, chem, physics, computer science, english lit, and english lang. so if you want any advice on those subjects throughout the year ill try my best to help! hope you get all the grades you want at mocks, it's great that you're prepared and motivated already!
Aw thank you so much! It's great that you are doing those subjects, I wish you the best in your A level journey. At least I know in a years time I will only be doing 3 or 4 subjects so I can focus on what I enjoy more.
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
Here are my revision mindmaps for English Literature: An Inspector Calls
Name:  IMG_0505.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  207.9 KBName:  IMG_0508.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  177.4 KB
Here is also an attachment of the mindmaps
Attached files
Last edited by Nithumigah; 1 year ago
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
Hey guys, decided to post a picture of the Maths I did the other day
Name:  IMG_0520.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  71.3 KB
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
Here is some more English Literature mindmaps
Name:  IMG_0533.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  210.1 KBName:  IMG_0534.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  217.1 KB
Also, here are the attachments
Attached files
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
Now I can thankfully do some Maths
username4966036
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nithumigah)
Hi guys, this is my first GYG blog and I know this year is going to be a pretty busy year and I thought why not keep track of it as this is the year I do my GCSE mocks starting on November 25th and my actual GCSEs that I will be sitting in 2020. For my mocks I intend to reach or preferably exceed my target grades as our school gives our mock results on Parent's Evening (I know!) and I realise I have less than two months until they actually start. So that being said, I will be posting about school, general feelings and updates on my revision. I think I will be posting my revision resources like mindmaps on here, that way I will know I have been revising for these mocks and it will prevent cramming for the exam. For my A levels I intend to do Maths, Further Maths and Physics which are definite as I would love to do at Maths degree and complete a PhD in Maths at somewhere like Oxbridge as Maths is my favourite subject. Obviously, it is extremely important for me to achieve a 9 in this GCSE mock in November but in general I would like to do really well in mocks.Not sure yet if I want to do a fourth A level, depends on how I do in my mocks. So just a final thank you in advance for anyone who will be reading my posts on this GYG thread.
Target grades for each subject:
(Edexcel) Maths-Grade 9
( AQA) Biology-Grade 8/9
(AQA) Chemistry-Grade 8/9
(AQA) Physics- Grade 8/9
(AQA) Computer Science- Grade 8/9
(AQA) Business- Grade 8/9
(OCR B) Geography - Grade 8/9
(AQA) French-Grade 8
(AQA) English Literature - Grade 7/8
(AQA) English Language- Grade 7/8
Good luck
username4750946
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nice mind maps for Inspector Calls.
What other texts are you doing for English Literature.
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Satyr)
Nice mind maps for Inspector Calls.
What other texts are you doing for English Literature.
I am also doing A Christmas Carol and Macbeth
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
Thank you, I am also doing A Christmas Carol and Macbeth
Isabelpayne200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you, I am also doing A Christmas Carol and Macbeth
I’m doing macbeth, AIC, and Dr Jekyll and Hyde. Any tips that you got because I have noooo idea how to get top grades or just how to do revision in general other than mind maps
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Isabelpayne200)
I’m doing macbeth, AIC, and Dr Jekyll and Hyde. Any tips that you got because I have noooo idea how to get top grades or just how to do revision in general other than mind maps
Thanks for your post , I think for English I usually use Mr Bruff as an information source as he explains really great concepts and top mark essays. Then it is just a case of practice, there are loads of past papers online and you can just do the section that you have done in class as this improves your style of writing. Good luck for Year 11, I know you will do amazing
Isabelpayne200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for your post , I think for English I usually use Mr Bruff as an information source as he explains really great concepts and top mark essays. Then it is just a case of practice, there are loads of past papers online and you can just do the section that you have done in class as this improves your style of writing. Good luck for Year 11, I know you will do amazing
Thank you☺️ I like Mr Bruff, mr salles gives brilliant grade 9 analysis but just a case of not getting confused🥴 Ive given practice papers to my teacher, it’s just having no clue on what to do when I get the mark back🤦🏼*♀️ Good luck with year 11 too! We are all in the same boat I suppose
username4750946
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am also doing A Christmas Carol and Macbeth
Same, but instead of Inspector Calls I'm doing Animal Farm.
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Hey keep me tagged please I like how you're including pictures
For maths, the sciences, French and English we're doing the same boards
I will and that's great that we are doing the same exam boards
SlightlySummer
Nithumigah
Rep:
?
Name:  IMG_2887.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  141.3 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (32)
13.79%
Virtual campus tours/open days (51)
21.98%
Live streaming events (22)
9.48%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (23)
9.91%
A uni comparison tool (54)
23.28%
An in-person event when available (50)
21.55%