The Student Room Group

Optometry, BioMed or Pharmacy PERSONAL STATEMENT HELP

HELP i need to apply on UCAS in 2 weeks and i’m still so torn on what to do... i need to write my personal statement, but it’s obviously difficult when you’re applying to 3 different courses, but my 3 are all kinda similar... do i ditch one and just have 2 or can i stick with all 3 because i’m still so stuck on what i want to do so i want all 3 as an option if possible hnfhfhf
If you get offers from all of them which would you pick?

Write your PS for that one.
Original post by marktuan
HELP i need to apply on UCAS in 2 weeks and i’m still so torn on what to do... i need to write my personal statement, but it’s obviously difficult when you’re applying to 3 different courses, but my 3 are all kinda similar... do i ditch one and just have 2 or can i stick with all 3 because i’m still so stuck on what i want to do so i want all 3 as an option if possible hnfhfhf

Why do you need to apply in two weeks? Optometry and pharmacy aren't included in the early deadline, and biomed only is if you are applying for Oxbridge. None of those subjects are similar enough to write a decent PS. I suggest that you write 2 (if you can decide a subject to drop) or 3 PSs for each of the subjects and use that to make the decision
Reply 3
My advice would be pick one which you actually want to do. Is there a reason you want to do each of those?
Reply 4
Original post by Interrobang
Why do you need to apply in two weeks? Optometry and pharmacy aren't included in the early deadline, and biomed only is if you are applying for Oxbridge. None of those subjects are similar enough to write a decent PS. I suggest that you write 2 (if you can decide a subject to drop) or 3 PSs for each of the subjects and use that to make the decision

because my sixth form is making us...... the deadline is jan 15 but they’re making us apply 3 months early 😡 and you can only submit one ps... but i’ve heard of people who apply to pharmacy/biomed and get in with one ps so i’m sure optom/pharm would b similar enough since it’s still a healthcare environment??? idk
Original post by marktuan
because my sixth form is making us...... the deadline is jan 15 but they’re making us apply 3 months early 😡 and you can only submit one ps... but i’ve heard of people who apply to pharmacy/biomed and get in with one ps so i’m sure optom/pharm would b similar enough since it’s still a healthcare environment??? idk

The roles are very different so you can't write a proper PS covering both. Biomed courses are used to being back ups for medicine, but you can't write a PS that covers it too
Reply 6
Drop either Pharamacy or Optometry.

And then write your ps around the one you dont want to drop out of these two.

Biomedicine offer you will likely get even without concentrating on it in your ps, unless you are applying to Oxford. There are so many biomed courses these days it's not even funny.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending