The Student Room Group

Do I meet the home/UK fees criteria

I have lived in England a total of 9 years but only 5 are consecutive. I came to England in 2008 up until 2012 but left from 2012 to 2014 and came back on 2014 up to today.

So I’ve been a UK resident for 5 years consecutive. (Bound to be 6 by the first day of when I start Uni)

My parents came here on a tier 4 visa to study but I’m not on a. Tier 4 visa I’m just on an attached one.

I don’t have a UK passport but I have been a UK resident for more than half of my life and more than 3 years before the first day of University. Do I still satisfy these criteria or not?

I already have my GCSEs and AS predictions and I’m currently in year 13.

I’m hoping to apply for medicine but being an international student will lessen my chance by a large amount.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ectover_
I have lived in England a total of 9 years but only 5 are consecutive. I came to England in 2008 up until 2012 but left from 2012 to 2014 and came back on 2014 up to today.

So I’ve been a UK resident for 5 years consecutive. (Bound to be 6 by the first day of when I start Uni)

My parents came here on a tier 4 visa to study but I’m not on a. Tier 4 visa I’m just on an attached one.

I don’t have a UK passport but I have been a UK resident for more than half of my life and more than 3 years before the first day of University. Do I still satisfy these criteria or not?

I already have my GCSEs and AS predictions and I’m currently in year 13.

I’m hoping to apply for medicine but being an international student will lessen my chance by a large amount.

Hi Ectover,
What is your nationality? If you are an EU national then you need to be in the UK for 5 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course to apply as a home student. If you are an EU national then you will need to prove that your time outside the UK from 2012 to 2014 was temporary. Are you able to share why you were outside the UK for 2 years? If you prefer to share this privately then you can contact us on Facebook http://m.me/SFEngland or Twitter http://ow.ly/sDWQ30kZf4i

Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending