How much revision should I be doing after school

Watch
rosiehellawell
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I've read lots of different things about when to start revision- some say start the first day back and then some say 'I revised a week before and I got all 7s' - currently im finding it really difficult to motivate myself to revise after school. and it's like I have no time? I get home from school most days at 4:30 and start homework at 5 then I have dinner and shower and all the usual stuff and then I am asleep lol. I am quite organised too, I don't leave all my homework till the day before, so organisation isn't a huge issue for me. I also find it really difficult to willingly revise when no one else is and honestly I'm just exhausted after school.
TheSuckUpStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Honestly having the same problem. I’m in year 11 and I have some really productive days, and then some days where I sit on my phone all night lol. What’s worked for me is really revising for unit tests, and making notes that I can use later for revision. For example, on Thursday I’m going to be having an unseen 12 marker on the Education topic in Sociology, so I’m going to revise the topic in detail— as though an actual exam hah! In all honesty, the assessment doesn’t matter at all, but I’m treating it as though it’s important so that I’ll be forced to revise lol. I have around 3 tests each week, so the method is kinda useful I guess?? But I don’t know when I should start actually revising for previous topics from last year, etc. My revision resources were soooo bad so I need to redo them all ooof
Last edited by TheSuckUpStudent; 5 months ago
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by rosiehellawell)
I've read lots of different things about when to start revision- some say start the first day back and then some say 'I revised a week before and I got all 7s' - currently im finding it really difficult to motivate myself to revise after school. and it's like I have no time? I get home from school most days at 4:30 and start homework at 5 then I have dinner and shower and all the usual stuff and then I am asleep lol. I am quite organised too, I don't leave all my homework till the day before, so organisation isn't a huge issue for me. I also find it really difficult to willingly revise when no one else is and honestly I'm just exhausted after school.
I would ignore the phrase "I revised a week beforehand and got all 7's" this is just one person compared to the cohort of year 11's who would not chance/risk this.

I would say half an hour to an hour would be sufficient enough at this stage at least, and it doesn't have to be every day. You are allowed breaks/rest days after all

Have you created a revision timetable yet? Which can include your homework tasks and any other assignments you may have if you're doing a coursework subject. The Student Room has a page where you can create your own revision timetable if you don't have one yet. - Of course, they may not work for you which is fine but it's worth trying it.
Nithumigah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I am also in Year 11, small frequent revision willl be helpful. In terms of motivation, here is a link to my GYG blog where I post revision notes and updates which might help.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6172432
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (107)
60.45%
No (36)
20.34%
Not sure (34)
19.21%

Watched Threads