The Student Room Group

Commuting from Birmingham to Leicester. Is it reasonable ?

Hey!
I am a student at Leicester, and it’s safe to say I dislike living in halls. People at my hall are nice so that isn’t the problem , the problem is the fact I miss my family and I know it sounds childish but I feel weird not seeing them and miss my mundane habits at home ( I know it’s early to say this but I don’t think I’ll settle). I try to visit my family twice a week but its starting to add up financially...
Is commuting from Birmingham to Leicester via train/bus doable and as a med student from 9-5?
Reply 1
You just said doing it twice a week adds up financially. Why would doing it everyday make sense
Original post by medicboo
Hey!
I am a student at Leicester, and it’s safe to say I dislike living in halls. People at my hall are nice so that isn’t the problem , the problem is the fact I miss my family and I know it sounds childish but I feel weird not seeing them and miss my mundane habits at home ( I know it’s early to say this but I don’t think I’ll settle). I try to visit my family twice a week but its starting to add up financially...
Is commuting from Birmingham to Leicester via train/bus doable and as a med student from 9-5?

Like Ten-Ten said, surely commuting everyday will cost you more than visiting twice a week, so you'll be putting more financial burden on yourself. Plus, you'd need to find a replacement for your room, which may not be easy, so you wouldn't automatically have the rent to spend on travel costs.

Quick Reply

Latest