Exposure to electric shocks- 'take the gay away'

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been told electric shocks will 'take the gay out of me'and make me 'like the opposite sex'.

In the future I feel I'll be exposed to electric shocks to make me like the opposite sex. At the moment my parents are in denial about my sexuality.

How does someone have electric shocks?

It is so frustrating and upsetting.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do t be silly
It doesn’t work
I really hope you’re trolling and not serious
Although trolling about something that causes people genuine issues is a bit sad
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Do t be silly
It doesn’t work
I really hope you’re trolling and not serious
Although trolling about something that causes people genuine issues is a bit sad
No I'm not trolling

I feel in the future I will actually be given electric shocks to make me straight.
My family would try what they can to make me like the opposite sex... that's when they eventually come out of this denial which they're in.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can't be as simple as that

big clive dot com gives himself electric shocks for edutainment purposes and he's as gay as ever
e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5R-KBa18ME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZd5_jyhytg

so don't try it or attempt to copy big clive dot com... he has superpowers and you do not.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been told electric shocks will 'take the gay out of me'and make me 'like the opposite sex'.

In the future I feel I'll be exposed to electric shocks to make me like the opposite sex. At the moment my parents are in denial about my sexuality.

That's shocking! Is it 1942 again? And this is some experiment at Auschwitz?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
That's shocking! Is it 1942 again? And this is some experiment at Auschwitz?
You made me chuckle!!
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You made me chuckle!!
Good. Hopefully, whilst also making an important point?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago

Don't worry I am gay and muslim too xxx
Anonymous #1
Don't worry I am gay and muslim too xxx
made me smile!

But I 'cant be' gay and Muslim- i have to continue hiding who i am and marrying just anyone that comes into my life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Good. Hopefully, whilst also making an important point?
Yes, that electric shocks will NOT turn me straight!?
sharksies
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sure gay conversion therapy is illegal in the UK.
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Conversion therapy is an awful thing. Being gay is not bad, it is who you are. People shouldn't change this by giving you electric shocks or whatever kind of ****ing awful "therapy" ideas they have.
How old are you? If you're above 18 and you can move out, get the hell out of there and get as far away as possible so your parents can't force you to do this. Refusing medical treatment is a patient's right so if they ever do try to make you do this, you can refuse.
Stay safe and get away from them :heart:

Tenya Iida AngryJellyfish CoolCavy shadowdweller BurstingBubbles help me out here please
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
glaz has already said what i was going to say: if your parents genuinely brought this up or are homophobic youre gonna wanna get out of there.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tenya Iida)
glaz has already said what i was going to say: if your parents genuinely brought this up or are homophobic youre gonna wanna get out of there.
(Original post by Glaz)
Conversion therapy is an awful thing. Being gay is not bad, it is who you are. People shouldn't change this by giving you electric shocks or whatever kind of ****ing awful "therapy" ideas they have.
How old are you? If you're above 18 and you can move out, get the hell out of there and get as far away as possible so your parents can't force you to do this. Refusing medical treatment is a patient's right so if they ever do try to make you do this, you can refuse.
Stay safe and get away from them :heart:

Tenya Iida AngryJellyfish CoolCavy shadowdweller BurstingBubbles help me out here please
Thank you so much. I am 19! But I am very attached to my family the thought of leaving makes me upset and also I'm not really allowed to move out until after marriage.

And in the future if anything as such happens, I will do something so don't worry!

Also, my parents are not homophobic they just cannot accept that their Muslim daughter is not straight, because they've never been exposed to people who are not straight and being straight seems to be the 'norm'.

Thank you!!
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like it's your family that needs the electric shocks, not you. :whip::flute:
Welshvisitor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok I’m thinking you’re a troll. Shock therapy is illegal for children (not adults actually, but has to be voluntary). You’re not from USA or Europe where shock therapy is something from the history books, so 0/10 for posting lies.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Conversion therapy is barbaric and doesn't work. Simple as that.
Don't let your parents force you, you're an adult.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Damn, this is an archaic way of thinking.
It doesn't work.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Welshvisitor)
Ok I’m thinking you’re a troll. Shock therapy is illegal for children (not adults actually, but has to be voluntary). You’re not from USA or Europe where shock therapy is something from the history books, so 0/10 for posting lies.
You can think what you want. But I can promise you I'm not a troll. I just posted a question.
If electric shocks worked it would make me feel so happy because at least that way I would be able to like the opposite sex and not have to hurt my parents.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Conversion therapy is barbaric and doesn't work. Simple as that.
Don't let your parents force you, you're an adult.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (596)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (732)
41.64%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.49%

Watched Threads