Hi...I need your help for UCAS I do not know if I should take BASc Arts and Sciecnes

Watch
YellowLover
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
at UCL...I did not take lang for GCSE and I have a 5 in both englishes but am predicted A* A* A...and I said I entered an essay competition on my Personal statement so will unis ask to see it coz I am so bad...
YellowLover
Rep:
?
sorry for bad gramnmmar I cant be bothereeed
username4736430
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YellowLover)
at UCL...I did not take lang for GCSE and I have a 5 in both englishes but am predicted A* A* A...and I said I entered an essay competition on my Personal statement so will unis ask to see it coz I am so bad...
sis, dont lie on your personal statement especially about language cuz im sure it'll show
YellowLover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matt1778)
sis, dont lie on your personal statement especially about language cuz im sure it'll show
I am NOT GONNA LIE!!! I KNOW!!! I JUST NEED ADVICE ON WHETHER I SHOULD APPLY BECAUSE OF MY 5s in English gcse???
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, did you enter an essay competition? If so, feel free to write about that on your personal statement. If not, don't.

Also UCL themselves have answered your question about GCSE requirements on their website:

"All programmes require GCSE or equivalent passes in English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 or higher. Some programmes require grades higher than 5 or additional GCSE passes in specific subjects, as outlined on individual degree pages."

Then on the BASc Arts & Sciences degree admissions webpage, it specifies the following:

"GCSEs: English Language and Mathematics at grade B or 6. For UK-based students, a grade C or 5 or equivalent in a foreign language (other than Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew or Latin) is required. UCL provides opportunities to meet the foreign language requirement following enrolment, further details at: www.ucl.ac.uk/ug-requirements."

You do not meet the requirements for that specific degree programme as it requires GCSE English Language at grade 6 or above. Generally if a university requires a GCSE subject at a particular grade, these requirements are applied fairly stringently. If you want to apply to this course I would recommend you look into retaking your GCSE English Language. Otherwise they will probably just filter you out on the basis of not meeting that requirement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (357)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (279)
43.87%

Watched Threads