The Student Room Group

Working at Boots

Hiya,
I’ve just gotten offered a job at boots & i start next week, i’ve done all the assigned online training etc but just wondering if I will be thrown in the deep end when i get there or if they’ll pair me up with another colleague or just get told what to do etc
Thanks 🙂
Reply 1
Original post by chardavis0204
Hiya,
I’ve just gotten offered a job at boots & i start next week, i’ve done all the assigned online training etc but just wondering if I will be thrown in the deep end when i get there or if they’ll pair me up with another colleague or just get told what to do etc
Thanks 🙂

Congratulations on your successful application for boots and hope that you will find it enjoyable ok

When you arrive for your start of your shift you will be assigned to work with other members of staff for whom they will train you with everything, try to get trained on all the department's if possible, one you been shown what to do then eventually you will be left to do it yourself with instructions from your manager or department supervisor ok

Are you a Xmas temp or permanent staff.
Pm me if you wish okay
Hiya,
Thanks 🙂

Hi since it's been 4 weeks, I've also been offered a job I've completed all the paperwork stuff online and they asked me for 3 references. Line manager said I didn't need to give her any but I did anyway just to be safe. Do you know how long they got back to you after sending your refs off? And is the induction day the first day that you work? Cause I haven't been told what to wear what time or date the induction is..
Original post by shabangtan
Hi since it's been 4 weeks, I've also been offered a job I've completed all the paperwork stuff online and they asked me for 3 references. Line manager said I didn't need to give her any but I did anyway just to be safe. Do you know how long they got back to you after sending your refs off? And is the induction day the first day that you work? Cause I haven't been told what to wear what time or date the induction is..

On your first day wear a white blouse and smart trousers ( black) and plain flat shoes
Your first day you'll be paired with someone who will show you what to do
You no induction day as its your first day, if you been along to interview you'll be asked to performed tasks at that .

If you been told you got the job then you'll be told to start at a time and what day to, if in doubt phone the branch you starting at and ask them this
Your references should hopefully passed on to them by the time you start as depends on the persons doing them for you
Original post by Allyson90
On your first day wear a white blouse and smart trousers ( black) and plain flat shoes
Your first day you'll be paired with someone who will show you what to do
You no induction day as its your first day, if you been along to interview you'll be asked to performed tasks at that .

If you been told you got the job then you'll be told to start at a time and what day to, if in doubt phone the branch you starting at and ask them this
Your references should hopefully passed on to them by the time you start as depends on the persons doing them for you

Ah thanks yeah I've been to the interview and everything and passed, I've accepted their offer but I just don't know what will happen after they check my references.. will they let me know what time to come in and stuff in the next couple of days? I start on the 23rd Nov.. So a little more than 2 weeks.
Ah thanks yeah I've been to the interview and everything and passed, I've accepted their offer but I just don't know what will happen after they check my references.. will they let me know what time to come in and stuff in the next couple of days? I start on the 23rd Nov.. So a little more than 2 weeks.

Hi
Apologies for late response to you on this as busy with things and working at nights.

Your reference should be fine from the people you mentioned to them, but if there's anything they don't like with them they at worse can tell you that you no longer got the job, but they may still be ok with them anyway.

Wait and see what happens and if you don't here from them before your starting date on the 23rd them take it as everything is fine and go along as scheduled okay.
They should contact you to arrange days / time you are to work but phone or pop into them if you don't hear about this okay.

so i was told to wear smart clothes (i wore nice trousers & a black long sleeve top) & they didn’t do anything with the references i think they just have them for future, hope that helps x
Original post by Allyson90
Hi
Apologies for late response to you on this as busy with things and working at nights.

Your reference should be fine from the people you mentioned to them, but if there's anything they don't like with them they at worse can tell you that you no longer got the job, but they may still be ok with them anyway.

Wait and see what happens and if you don't here from them before your starting date on the 23rd them take it as everything is fine and go along as scheduled okay.
They should contact you to arrange days / time you are to work but phone or pop into them if you don't hear about this okay.

Ahh thankyou so much, I did call up and one of the managers said they had discussed starting days and mine was the 23rd which I already knew, I asked what time to come in and she said just come at 10 and we will go on from there.. know the only thing I'm worried about is how do I do the e-learning before I start on the 23rd ? She told me it would be helpful if I did this before I start but when I login to on-board I can't find it on the home page anywhere? Also I don't have my employee id number.. is this given to me when I start?
Thankyou so much once again!
so i was told to wear smart clothes (i wore nice trousers & a black long sleeve top) & they didn’t do anything with the references i think they just have them for future, hope that helps x

Thankyou that's helpful, have you any clue on the elearning thing ? I was told to try and complete it before I start but there's nothing on the on-board home page.. And also did you get your employee id number when you started ? Thankss
Ahh thankyou so much, I did call up and one of the managers said they had discussed starting days and mine was the 23rd which I already knew, I asked what time to come in and she said just come at 10 and we will go on from there.. know the only thing I'm worried about is how do I do the e-learning before I start on the 23rd ? She told me it would be helpful if I did this before I start but when I login to on-board I can't find it on the home page anywhere? Also I don't have my employee id number.. is this given to me when I start?
Thankyou so much once again!

Hi again

Glad you managed to get confirmation of a start time for 23rd,
Now about the e-learning you will defo need your staff number and you won't her that until after you start so you no way in starting this ,
You go to the e-learning page and sign in to this but as said you'll need your staff number first .

PM if you want at anytime if your stuck on things x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending