AMA about Islam, beliefs & point of views. Share YOURS Watch

Amen4
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
my schedule was free felt bored so if you have anything to ask about Islam go ahead if there's something you want my opinion about then feel free to ask and share your own opinions and point of views just say things you think are important maybe your way of defining things your principles in life just anything you think would be inspiring to share .
DR.DOOM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This isn't anything to do about politics or to stir up any arguments but what are your views on Jews. Do you have any Jewish friends? do you get along with Jews? do you think that there actually is peace with Jews rather than what the media reports?
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Would you think yourself as a religious person, like do you follow all principles etc?
AIive
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
May Allah grant you Jannah without reckoning, Ameen.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
is halal meat basically meat that has been sacrificed to allah? like how some religions would sacrifice an animal to their god?
AIive
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
is halal meat basically meat that has been sacrificed to allah? like how some religions would sacrifice an animal to their god?
We acknowledge that it is not for us humans to take life without the permission of Allah
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AIive)
We acknowledge that it is not for us humans to take life without the permission of Allah
that didn't really answer my question though. or maybe I'm just slow today.
AIive
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
that didn't really answer my question though. or maybe I'm just slow today.
I'm probably the slow one out of us two today 😂

You could try wording your question differently if you wanted to
Amen4
Rep:
?
(Original post by DR.DOOM)
This isn't anything to do about politics or to stir up any arguments but what are your views on Jews. Do you have any Jewish friends? do you get along with Jews? do you think that there actually is peace with Jews rather than what the media reports
I don't have anything in specific to do with jews they don't have such a good reputation is Islam and history in general, they're known for being material selfish.... and their religion have rules that I see unfair still though I don't hold any grudges against individuals who are Jewish as long as I don't have to deal with their religion... I don't mind it at all they're more than just jewish. I haven't met anyone Jewish or anyone to even consider being a friend with but It depends on how much is he Jewish what kind of point of views he adopted... for your last question I think that when we're speaking about peace with jews were not speaking about jews as an individual its a whole community that is known for seeking specific goals having an extreme point of views..... and I don't think they themselves would like to seek peace or live with others who aren't jews but in cases where it was less of that extreme point of view and that community in general and more of jews as individuasl peace was already found with others in many places in the world, it was like any other Christian living with a Muslim and I've seen cases like that near where I live in a Muslim country so basically to answer your question in a more direct way it's okay like if I had a classmate who is Jewish, I wouldn't hate on him for no reason or just bcz he's Jewish he's my classmates before being Jewish...
Amen4
Rep:
?
I'm not sure if I understand your question but halal meat is meat from certain animals that has been prepared according to Islamic law. and this Islamic law on killing animals is designed to reduce the pain and distress that the animal suffers.
The slaughterer must be a sane adult Muslim.
The slaughterer must say the name of God before making the cut.
The name of God is said in order to emphasise the sanctity of life and that the animal is being killed for food with God’s consent.
The animal must be killed by cutting the throat with one continuous motion of a sharp knife.
The cut must sever at least three of the trachea, oesophagus, and the two blood vessels on either side of the throat.
The spinal cord must not be cut.
Animals must be well treated before being killed.
Animals must not see other animals being killed.
The knife must not be sharpened in the animal’s presence.
The knife blade must be free of blemishes that might tear the wound.
The animal must not be in an uncomfortable position.
The animal must be allowed to bleed out and be completely dead before further processing.

it doesn't have anything to do with sacrificing ....
Last edited by Amen4; 2 weeks ago
Amen4
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Would you think yourself as a religious person, like do you follow all principles etc?
I consider myself as faithful but maybe not exactly religious it depends on how you define religious
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm worried about seeking a righteous spouse in this day and age, are you?
Last edited by HumbleBee_x; 2 weeks ago
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amen4)
I consider myself as faithful but maybe not exactly religious it depends on how you define religious
Yeah. I’d say I’m the same. So do you like pray 5 times a day, do charity etc. I provide for charities but not can say I don’t pray 5 times a day unfortunately
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amen4)
Yeah. I’d say I’m the same. So do you like pray 5 times a day, do charity etc. I provide for charities but can’t say I pray 5 times a day unfortunately
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AIive)
I'm probably the slow one out of us two today 😂

You could try wording your question differently if you wanted to
okay I'll try that.

so you know how the Hebrews sacrificed lambs and goats to God? or like how Abraham would sacrifice animals to God. or like how other religions may sacrifice animals.

you know like probably tieing an animal to an altar or something and slicing it's throat as a sacrifice to their God.

so what I'm asking, it that what Halal meat is? is it meat that was sacrificed to allah?
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amen4)
I'm not sure if I understand your question but halal meat is meat from certain animals that has been prepared according to Islamic law. and this Islamic law on killing animals is designed to reduce the pain and distress that the animal suffers.
The slaughterer must be a sane adult Muslim.
The slaughterer must say the name of God before making the cut.
The name of God is said in order to emphasise the sanctity of life and that the animal is being killed for food with God’s consent.
The animal must be killed by cutting the throat with one continuous motion of a sharp knife.
The cut must sever at least three of the trachea, oesophagus, and the two blood vessels on either side of the throat.
The spinal cord must not be cut.
Animals must be well treated before being killed.
Animals must not see other animals being killed.
The knife must not be sharpened in the animal’s presence.
The knife blade must be free of blemishes that might tear the wound.
The animal must not be in an uncomfortable position.
The animal must be allowed to bleed out and be completely dead before further processing.

it doesn't have anything to do with sacrificing ....
okay, thanks for answering 😋
Amen4
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
I'm worried when it comes to seeking a righteous spouse in this day and age, are you?
Well, personally I consider dating as okay in Islam so when it comes to that I am not seeking a righteous spouse I'm seeking someone to dat who'll support me.... I would say that dating makes things a lot easier than a set up wedding, but if you prefer that or think its better then go for it just don't worry too much even if it seems that it's rare to find someone righteous who fear God.... It's still something not impossible just don't expect to find someone by a setted wedding who's perfect (righteous modest fear god...) you just need to work things together and help each other....
Amen4
Rep:
?
(Original post by OR321)
Yeah. I’d say I’m the same. So do you like pray 5 times a day, do charity etc. I provide for charities but not can say I don’t pray 5 times a day unfortunately
I try my best to pray 5 times a day, but yeah sometimes I don't. the best thing to help with that is try to discipline yourself and motivate yourself to pray for example prayers are essential if you're old enough... so not doing them is really wrong in Islam and it will Destance you from god between doing them will make you feel better... the best way that works with me is acknowledging their importance and their benefits and living your day as if you'll die tomorrow and you'll meet god tomorrow and at the same time as if you'll live all your life on earth so if I do that then I would know that that not doing my prayer, even if it was only for today is wrong bcz I know I can't meet god this way and with what I did until now that way I'll be more motivated into doing my prayers also reminding myself of this dream I had about the last day of the world motivates me as well
qaasim786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DR.DOOM)
This isn't anything to do about politics or to stir up any arguments but what are your views on Jews. Do you have any Jewish friends? do you get along with Jews? do you think that there actually is peace with Jews rather than what the media reports?
Muslims and jews get along very well generally even in Palestine which i visited earlier this year. The conflict you see in the news is not between muslims and jews but between muslims and zionists which are an extreme type of jew. Many jews are actually against zionists and support muslims regarding the palestine israel conflict
qaasim786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
okay I'll try that.

so you know how the Hebrews sacrificed lambs and goats to God? or like how Abraham would sacrifice animals to God. or like how other religions may sacrifice animals.

you know like probably tieing an animal to an altar or something and slicing it's throat as a sacrifice to their God.

so what I'm asking, it that what Halal meat is? is it meat that was sacrificed to allah?
Halal meat is a way of sacrificing an animal for the sake of god. We believe that animals should not be killed for fun or unnecessary reasons therefore the method of sacrificing an animal is a way of self assurance to oneself that it is for the sake of god
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads