Peoples Vote march on October 19 Watch

scorpiorules
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone going to the march on the 19th October. The last one was huge, but didn’t seem to be many students there - yet everyone says lots who couldn’t vote are now old enough to and would like the opportunity but will they turn up to the march?
Wōden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by scorpiorules)
Anyone going to the march on the 19th October. The last one was huge, but didn’t seem to be many students there - yet everyone says lots who couldn’t vote are now old enough to and would like the opportunity but will they turn up to the march?
Who's 'everyone'? Wishful thinking remainers who think the youth are going to sweep in and save them? Well I hate to pop their bubble but the overwhelming majority of young people are simply not politically engaged and don't really give a toss about Brexit one way or the other. That's why almost none of them turned up to the march last year, and I'm 100% certain this year's march will be another urban, middle-class, baby boomer fest.

And to answer your question, no I will not be attending the march.
DraconisAudiat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Polls show a massive shift in support for Remain, at least 60% if we can just convince the cowards in the Cabinet to hold another referendum.

I'll be there, I was at the last couple of marches too.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No.
JanusGodofDoors
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hope for good turnout. Most people I know are either going or support it.
DraconisAudiat
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
lol it's almost as if the march isn't needed now.
How did Boris manage to screw this up so badly? It's magical.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I've got better things to be doing than wasting my time with a bunch of petulant losers who can't tell 17400000 is greater than 16100000. This peoples' vote nonsense is an excuse to try reversing the 2016 referendum. Anyone who says it's not is a liar. Challenge them to support the vote without remain as an option.
DraconisAudiat
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
We shouldn't reverse the referendum result from 2016, we should reverse the General Election result from 2017.

Out of those 17.4 million people, how many voted for this BS deal?

The only way to settle it is a Deal Vs Remain referendum
If the people vote for the Deal then there's no denying it.
If the people vote to Remain then that's the will of the people and the Brexit Now Party should shut the hell up.
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
So did it reach the estimated 1 million participants,or even anywhere near it?
I'll give you a clue, the answer has 2 letters.
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by DraconisAudiat)
We shouldn't reverse the referendum result from 2016, we should reverse the General Election result from 2017.

Out of those 17.4 million people, how many voted for this BS deal?

The only way to settle it is a Deal Vs Remain referendum
If the people vote for the Deal then there's no denying it.
If the people vote to Remain then that's the will of the people and the Brexit Now Party should shut the hell up.
If you wish to reverse the result of the 2017 election then surely the way to go is a further General Election.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Went!

Was lovely positive energy flowing when they annoyed that the Letwin amendment had passed.
DraconisAudiat
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
If you wish to reverse the result of the 2017 election then surely the way to go is a further General Election.
My bad, I meant to put the first sentence in quotes, I wasn't saying that was my view I was highlighting that view as being ridiculous.
Lost Sock
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Nah, not for me. I've always been very sceptical of anyone that takes part in the majority of marches. In my experience they're never the level headed, average person in the street, I think of Nazis, Edl members and general loons whenever I see a march going on and I'm usually spot on judging by the few I've interacted with. They just seem to attract the crazies with nothing much else to do, also having dreadlocks seems to be very popular, as well as being vegan and/or some gender acronym I've never heard of. Sorry to generalise but as an ex PS-SO I've been around far more marches than most folk, and I distinctly remember seeing the same old faces and multiple marches, quite often even if they contradicted another, the EDL/Britain first ones seemed to appear at all of them with no other objective other than shouting at people and getting ratted.

What are you marching for anyway, Brexit ain't gonna happen, it has been blatantly obvious for at least 18 months. I guess it's a way to waste a few hours though, I'd rather go sit in a beer garden than spend my time with tinfoil hat wearing crackpots wasting police time and blocking traffic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.55%
No (211)
76.45%

Watched Threads