Can I get a job with throat cancer? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Title
Anonymous #1
I know jobs don’t require your throat to work/function properly but I was just asking
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know jobs don’t require your throat to work/function properly but I was just asking
You answered your question.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
You answered your question.
Is this something I need to tell the DWP about then or not? I will be starting chemotherapy for that. I have been declared LCW already so I am not expected to work straight away but I need to do work related activities.
bumwaxing
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
so i suppose you cant **********?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bumwaxing)
so i suppose you cant **********?
What is the swear word or the stars? You can type the word and put one star in it so I can figure out what you said
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
not being rude but can’t you just wait till your chemotherapy finishes because like doesn’t throat cancer affect your speech? i know my neighbour had throat cancer and he couldn’t utter a word. communication is really important in the work place. it is definitely possible you can get a job but it’ll be hard to find a good one let’s just say

also sorry to hear
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IH8Studying)
not being rude but can’t you just wait till your chemotherapy finishes because like doesn’t throat cancer affect your speech? i know my neighbour had throat cancer and he couldn’t utter a word. communication is really important in the work place. it is definitely possible you can get a job but it’ll be hard to find a good one let’s just say

also sorry to hear
Did they survive? I am really scared because I am only 18.
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did they survive? I am really scared because I am only 18.
he was 50 and unfortunately he passed away.

lots of ppl survive cancer, try your best to stay hopeful and strong.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IH8Studying)
he was 50 and unfortunately he passed away.

lots of ppl survive cancer, try your best to stay hopeful and strong.
Did he die from the operation or from the cancer? I’m actually really scared now and I don’t want to die from an operation. .
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did he die from the operation or from the cancer? I’m actually really scared now and I don’t want to die from an operation. My life would feel like it has been cut short but in a way I would feel glad because I went through so much in that time, with health problems and bullying.
he died from cancer, you know i’m surprised you’re not receiving help from mental health services? it’s quite clear you’re suffering and you’re only 18. just a year ago, a kid. you should get help with that to calm your nerves, don’t feel scared! i thought i’d die many times from my diabetes (i know our illnesses are not comparable) but just saying that you are stronger than you think. you can get through anything. you won’t die! you will live a happy and successful life
Anand3761
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did he die from the operation or from the cancer? I’m actually really scared now and I don’t want to die from an operation. My life would feel like it has been cut short but in a way I would feel glad because I went through so much in that time, with health problems and bullying.
If you need someone to talk to just PM me buddy
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If this is the same person that keeps creating these throat based threads you haven't even been to see a GP yet so goodness knows why you are leaping to the conclusion of cancer.
As has been said to you before multiple times go and get checked out at a GP or a walk in centre.
Most cancers have a higher prevalence in older people and throat cancer is attributed to heavy cigarette use for years. There are a million reasons for a sore throat and the symptoms you have described in your other threads, that aren't cancer related.
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 week ago
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean, just tell the DWP anyway if you're not sure. I don't know if it is classed as a change in circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (167)
26.94%
Not great so far... (224)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (119)
19.19%

Watched Threads