Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay from a girls point of view I'd say:

(1) white sock's - yes
    (2) white vest, white brief's and white sock's together (sleepware!) - if thier clean
    (3) 3/4 length combat type trouser thingy's - sweet dude
    (4) y front's - no it's a crime
    (5) baggy boxer's - yep
    (6) patterned boxer's - they look funky.
    (7) v-neck jumper with a shirt - look cool but I so long as the jumper is plain.
    (8) gold chain's and bling necklace's - NO! There horrible.
    (9) leather jacket's - so-so
    (10) speedo's (on the beach) - another crime - how dare they be inverneted - in France your only allowed to wear speedo's by the pool/beach etc.
    (11) thong's - no
    (12) ripped jean's - look good
    (13) spikey hairstyle's - if it looks like Cloud Stife - oh yeah
    (14) side parting - on some people.
    (15) centre parting curtain's style - again I think it only suits cetain people - it's to do with thier face shape or something.
    (16) glass's - yep as long as thier thin rimmed.
    (17) sunglass's - are great.
    (18) kilt if not scottish - there cool.
    (19) short short's - no hotpants are for girls man.
    (20) long short's - are great.
    (21) fitted t-shirt's - so-so
    (22) white briefs' - as I said before if clean.
    (23) briefs in general - maybe.
    (24) lycra cycling shorts - no should be burnt - lycra is a privalige not a right.
    (25) white vest and white briefs for sleeping (no socks this time!) - how about no vest or briefs either my friend?

ReputationRep:
    This is God speaking.

People on this thread have told you how to use apostrophes, so listen to them and do it properly or I will smite thee.

Almighty God

ReputationRep:
    ye's g'od

ReputationRep:
    (1) white sock's - hell no

(2) white vest, white brief's and white sock's together (sleepware!)- if you're over the age of 80

(3) 3/4 length combat type trouser thingy's - generally no, sometimes can look okay on surfie kinda guys

(4) y front's - NO

(5) baggy boxer's - i guess?

(6) patterned boxer's - yes

(7) v-neck jumper with a shirt - can look cute and kinda preppy

(8) gold chain's and bling necklace's - never

(9) leather jacket's - no no no no no

(10) speedo's (on the beach) - are you SERIOUS?!

(11) thong's - whoever invented the man-thong needs to be shot

(12) ripped jean's - yea, if they look cool and customised as opposed to old and skanky

(13) spikey hairstyle's - if done tastefully and not overloaded with gel

(14) side parting - can't imagine that ever looking good

(15) centre parting curtain's style - no

(16) glass's - yea

(17) sunglass's - yes

(18) kilt if not scottish - no

(19) short short's - not unless they're playing rugby

(20) long short's - yea

(21) fitted t-shirt's - if they have a nice body

(22) white briefs' - no

(23) briefs in general - no

(24) lycra cycling shorts - if they're cycling, and not wearing them out

(25) white vest and white briefs for sleeping (no socks this time!) - no

ReputationRep:
    what I think...keep in mind I'm not fashion concious in the slightest!!

(1) white sock's- yeah. why not?
    (2) white vest, white brief's and white sock's together (sleepware!)- lets not go inot underwear...
    (3) 3/4 length combat type trouser thingy's- I've always thought that *everyone* looks bad in those
    (4) y front's- if thats what you want. Most people wont see them, hopefully.
    (5) baggy boxer's...?
    (6) patterned boxer's- no. Just please, no.
    (7) v-neck jumper with a shirt...if your 40, that goes.
    (8) gold chain's and bling necklace's. Stupid fashion. No.
    (9) leather jacket's. Maybe
    (10) speedo's (on the beach)No.
    (11) thong's No.
    (12) ripped jean's. Only if there not *supposed* to be fashionable
    (13) spikey hairstyle's. Some people look like idiots, others might look ok
    (14) side parting. No. thats out.
    (15) centre parting curtain's style. Not about 1/2 of guys have this/have had it? Definately "in fashion"
    (16) glass's. Yeah
    (17) sunglass's Yeah...?
    (18) kilt if not scottish No.
    (19) short short's No
    (20) long short's Yeah
    (21) fitted t-shirt's No. makes you look wimpy
    (22) white briefs' look at 2)
    (23) briefs in general look at 2)
    (24) lycra cycling shorts No
    (25) white vest and white briefs for sleeping (no socks this time!) eh?

ReputationRep:
    cheers!!!

i think i've learnt how to use apostrophe's now anyway so stop moaning!

Ian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scared_newbie)
    cheers!!!

i think i've learnt how to use apostrophe's now anyway so stop moaning!

Ian

hahahahaha lol oh the irony....,,.,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    hahahahaha lol oh the irony....,,.,
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all your responses'!! keep them coming in please!!!!!!!!!!¬!!

ReputationRep:
    more responses are needed for this thread!!!!!!! REP will be given to those who reply to it.

scared newbie!

ReputationRep:
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Look, if you're going to use apostrophes use them correctly! You don't use them in plurals!!! The only time you use them is to show possession, or as a contraction, except in the case of 'it', in which case only use an apostrophe in a contraction of 'it is' and not for possession. Sorry to get all pedantic but it really grates on my nerves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrisbeeFan)
    Look, if you're going to use apostrophes use them correctly! You don't use them in plurals!!! The only time you use them is to show possession, or as a contraction, except in the case of 'it', in which case only use an apostrophe in a contraction of 'it is' and not for possession. Sorry to get all pedantic but it really grates on my nerves!
    i know how to use them now! it was ages since i wrote that. could u fill in the survey???

ta

ReputationRep:
    i know how to use them now! it was ages since i wrote that. could u fill in the survey???

ta
    Well only 4 days...I will fill it in but not right now, I've got to go...

ReputationRep:
    right, new at this, should actually be studing... happen to be quite bored:

(1) white sock's- depends, if their kind of long than only with pants (you know, those socks that cover your shins...)
    (2) white vest, white brief's and white sock's together (sleepware!)- sure... why not, though I don't see why they all have to be white...
    (3) 3/4 length combat type trouser thingy's- not to sound supeficial but you have to be really hot to get away with those...
    (4) y front's- Oh the HORROR!!!
    (5) baggy boxer's.- yes please
    (6) patterned boxer's- can be cute, though it'll always depend on the pattern
    (7) v-neck jumper with a shirt...-LOVE IT
    (8) gold chain's and bling necklace's.- God no, you probably won't know what this means but it'll make you look like a "pagodeiro"
    (9) leather jacket's. If you're cool enough then yes, if not it just looks stupid, be careful
    (11) thong's No!
    (12) ripped jean's. "Only if there not *supposed* to be fashionable" liked this person's answer, copy-pasted it...
    (13) spikey hairstyle's. same as leather jackets...
    (14) side parting. depends,
    (15) centre parting curtain's style. if you've got a long nose it'll enhance it (believe me I should know) but if not, then maybe
    (16) glass's. cute, when appropriately chosen (i.e. no huge bug-eyed glasses)
    (17) sunglass's- Hot!
    (18) kilt if not scottish - I've once seen a bar man with a dark green and navy blue kilt and a navy blue blaser that looked really hot so maybe but you have to wear it with confidence, or else you'll look like some silly guy in a skirt...
    (19) short short's- No!
    (20) long short's- Yep...
    (21) fitted t-shirt's -If you've got the body for it, though not too tight, makes men look too buff-Yech!
    (22) white briefs' -not really...
    (23) briefs in general -no, if you HAVE to wear them then it's better if they're white...
    (24) lycra cycling shorts VISUAL POLLUTION, unless you're a professional cyclist...
    (25) white vest and white briefs for sleeping (no socks this time!) Much better actually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    right, new at this, should actually be studing... happen to be quite bored:

(1) white sock's- depends, if their kind of long than only with pants (you know, those socks that cover your shins...)
    (2) white vest, white brief's and white sock's together (sleepware!)- sure... why not, though I don't see why they all have to be white...
    (3) 3/4 length combat type trouser thingy's- not to sound supeficial but you have to be really hot to get away with those...
    (4) y front's- Oh the HORROR!!!
    (5) baggy boxer's.- yes please
    (6) patterned boxer's- can be cute, though it'll always depend on the pattern
    (7) v-neck jumper with a shirt...-LOVE IT
    (8) gold chain's and bling necklace's.- God no, you probably won't know what this means but it'll make you look like a "pagodeiro"
    (9) leather jacket's. If you're cool enough then yes, if not it just looks stupid, be careful
    (11) thong's No!
    (12) ripped jean's. "Only if there not *supposed* to be fashionable" liked this person's answer, copy-pasted it...
    (13) spikey hairstyle's. same as leather jackets...
    (14) side parting. depends,
    (15) centre parting curtain's style. if you've got a long nose it'll enhance it (believe me I should know) but if not, then maybe
    (16) glass's. cute, when appropriately chosen (i.e. no huge bug-eyed glasses)
    (17) sunglass's- Hot!
    (18) kilt if not scottish - I've once seen a bar man with a dark green and navy blue kilt and a navy blue blaser that looked really hot so maybe but you have to wear it with confidence, or else you'll look like some silly guy in a skirt...
    (19) short short's- No!
    (20) long short's- Yep...
    (21) fitted t-shirt's -If you've got the body for it, though not too tight, makes men look too buff-Yech!
    (22) white briefs' -not really...
    (23) briefs in general -no, if you HAVE to wear them then it's better if they're white...
    (24) lycra cycling shorts VISUAL POLLUTION, unless you're a professional cyclist...
    (25) white vest and white briefs for sleeping (no socks this time!) Much better actually!
    thanks natalie!!!

you said no to speedos on the beach? does this guy look a mess in his speedos??
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but I'll stick to my idea that no one can look good in speedos...
    It's probably the most unflattering attire every invented

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    I'm sorry but I'll stick to my idea that no one can look good in speedos...
    It's probably the most unflattering attire every invented
    so he looks a mess in the pic?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, please tell me I did not just stick my foot in my mouth and that is you?!
    seriously though, it's not exactly a mess, it's just that he'd look much better in long trunks...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.