Report Thread starter 1 week ago
...As soon as possible?
Last edited by idontkn; 1 week ago
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Child and be at school for the rest of my life...atleast there won't be a need to drive myself to study :cookie:
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'll stick with being an adult; although realistically I’m both as I’m at university learning and working at the same time
Last edited by AngryRedhead; 6 days ago
IH8Studying
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
be an adult and work obviously.

whoever picks the child one has serious problems. even if your childhood was great. who tf wants to be in school for the rest of their lives? also knowing that it doesn’t go anywhere. and you’re stuck with ur parents forever
idontkn
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Child and be at school for the rest of my life...atleast there won't be a need to drive myself to study :cookie:
If you’re a child at school you need to study, is this a sarcastic comment?
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by idontkn)
If you’re a child at school you need to study, is this a sarcastic comment?
No its not!

Why study, if it ain't gonna get me anywhere :dontknow:
idontkn
Rep:
?
I guess the way I see it is, working and being an adult earns you money at the end of it, no need to worry about revision, extra work at home. If you are a child at school then you do have to do extra work and revise at home, but you don’t have to pay rent or anything like that, life is easy, all you do is study 📖 both have benefits
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IH8Studying)

whoever picks the child one has serious problems. even if your childhood was great. who tf wants to be in school for the rest of their lives? also knowing that it doesn’t go anywhere. and you’re stuck with ur parents forever
ayt then :erm:
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I guess the way I see it is, working and being an adult earns you money at the end of it, no need to worry about revision, extra work at home. If you are a child at school then you do have to do extra work and revise at home, but you don’t have to pay rent or anything like that, life is easy, all you do is study 📖 both have benefits
but why would you even revise if it won’t lead to anything? if i had to be in that position, i would not even bother going to school. just doesn’t make any sense.
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ayt then :erm:
being a child for the rest of your life is truly one of the most depressing things
idontkn
Rep:
?

Technically we are children up to the age of 18. Some people choose to go to university after that and then end up leaving with their degree at 22/23. At that point they may not know anything about the outside world like how to get a job etc.

Some people may argue that good grades means good job and good job means good wages, (doesn’t apply to all cases) so studying can get you somewhere.
idontkn
Rep:
?
but why would you even revise if it won’t lead to anything? if i had to be in that position, i would not even bother going to school. just doesn’t make any sense.
Okay I edited the thread title, would you rather be a child at school (not for your whole life) or grow up and be an adult and work as soon as possible?
Last edited by idontkn; 1 week ago
IH8Studying
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay I edited the thread title, would you rather be a child at school (not your whole life) or grow up and be an adult as soon as possible?
ah okay so the first one is just life. so i pick that. an i’m already an adult now so i guess both don’t make the slightest difference to me. but if i was a child, i’d pick the adult one cause my childhood was terrible so
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Adult
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
where are people getting 'the rest of your life' from? I can't see it in the OP. It just says what do you want to be.

If your purely talking school vs work. I would choose school. I like my job, but school was far more fun, varied and easy.

If your talking life in general including everything outside of work/school, then adult..

Purely school or work though. I would love to go back to school for a year or so! PE lessons, playing football, very few worries/cares (compared to adult life), hey lets just do art for an hour today.. then music, etc. Its so varied and compared to most adult jobs, actually a lot of fun, even if kids don't realise it at the time. That said, I'd only do it if my brain also wen't back to being a kid.. obviously it would be awful to be in school with my current brain/understanding.. and ****ing creepy at that.
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They both sound equally terrible. I'd rather be rich enough to retire.
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
being a child for the rest of your life is truly one of the most depressing things
Yh your username says it all :rolleyes:
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Great idea... reduce unemployment by raising the school leaving age to 45.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads