Not sure if I have a perforation in my tympanic membrane Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
...in other words I have a hole in my eardrum. I stuffed an earphone in my ear once and ever since then I felt the left side of my neck being sore and had severe bleeding at night which could be from teeth or neck. I don’t have symptoms of having a hole in my eardrum though. I checked the nhs website. Any advice on what it could be?

What is inside earphones?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Call 111.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
...in other words I have a hole in my eardrum. I stuffed an earphone in my ear once and ever since then I felt the left side of my neck being sore and had severe bleeding at night which could be from teeth or neck. I don’t have symptoms of having a hole in my eardrum though. I checked the nhs website. Any advice on what it could be?

What is inside earphones?
A tiny speaker. The eardrum is self repairing but get the doc to have a look anyway.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Vinny C)
A tiny speaker. The eardrum is self repairing but get the doc to have a look anyway.
I’m worried that it might have been a broken earphone. Why would my neck feel sore though? Unless something went inside (a wire) through the Eustachian tube
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m worried that it might have been a broken earphone. Why would my neck feel sore though? Unless something went inside (a wire) through the Eustachian tube
Even if broken, the wires are generally too short to stick out. Did you fall asleep with it in or something?
Anonymous #1
Even if broken, the wires are generally too short to stick out. Did you fall asleep with it in or something?
No I was watching something on my phone
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No I was watching something on my phone
Well... unless the plastic casing was cracked and had sharp edges, I can't see how an earphone would cause it unless you had it wanged up to 100dB. A doctor or surgery could check it in seconds.
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Well... unless the plastic casing was cracked and had sharp edges, I can't see how the earphone would cause it unless you had it wanged up to 100dB. A doctor or surgery could check it in seconds.
What’s 100dB? Is that volume?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What’s 100dB? Is that volume?
Yes... dB stands for decibels. It would be like having your head next to a pneumatic drill without ear protection.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (195)
26.97%
Not great so far... (261)
36.1%
I want to drop out! (136)
18.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed