Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so recently I've seen my grandad has been forgetting where he has placed things and also keeps asking the same questions over and over sometimes, like he forgot the answer. I wasn't sure if I should be concerned or not as he has just turned 80 and if it was just old age. He has just recovered from skin cancer and is having a little trouble getting about but apparently this is not caused by the skin cancer and my mum thinks it is something called "Lewy dementia". I am just wondering what to do, if you guys think its a possibility he could have dementia or is just old age, and if there is any possible way I could help him out cause last time we spoke he was seeing things outside and I told him that there was no one outside and he thought i was lying.
any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your mum called it dementia, perhaps he’s been seen by a doctor already, particularly as he’s been having hospital care already so it might have been spotted. Ask her if he has. If not suggest seeing a doctor with him to your mum. There is nothing you can do as such to stop this but having a doctor see him will makes this easier as he might be helped sooner if this advances to another stage. He does seem to be having symptoms seen in dementia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (132)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (201)
27.24%
Not great so far... (266)
36.04%
I want to drop out! (139)
18.83%

Watched Threads