Are Leeds willing to offer a place with one grade below? Watch

V_JP
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello All!
I'm currently taking a gap year having decided not to go off to uni this year. I'm now finishing up my UCAS application (again) for next year, so I already have my grades; A in psychology, B in maths and C in physics (I took GCSE French - A).
I really love this Languages and International Relations course offered by Leeds but the grade requirements are ABB (An a-level language is not necessarily a requirement).
I know Leeds is a fantastic uni so it must get a lot of applicants, and I'm not sure how competitive this particular course is. Does anyone have any experience as to how Leeds would take my application?
Thank you for reading!!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by V_JP)
Hello All!
I'm currently taking a gap year having decided not to go off to uni this year. I'm now finishing up my UCAS application (again) for next year, so I already have my grades; A in psychology, B in maths and C in physics (I took GCSE French - A).
I really love this Languages and International Relations course offered by Leeds but the grade requirements are ABB (An a-level language is not necessarily a requirement).
I know Leeds is a fantastic uni so it must get a lot of applicants, and I'm not sure how competitive this particular course is. Does anyone have any experience as to how Leeds would take my application?
Thank you for reading!!
Email or phone Leeds Admissions and ask - they will know better than anyone and it's part of their job to give advice to potential applicants
S1elyak1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you looked into the Access to Leeds scheme to see if you meet the criteria? They usually offer a lower offer requirement than usual. http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/128005/a...e_admissions/2
V_JP
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Email or phone Leeds Admissions and ask - they will know better than anyone and it's part of their job to give advice to potential applicants
Thanks for the reply, that's a good idea
MarcosTheories
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My brother got A*AC at his A levels. Was offered AAB. He was rejected.
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mpietra123)
My brother got A*AC at his A levels. Was offered AAB. He was rejected.
For Languages and International Relations at Leeds?
MarcosTheories
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
For Languages and International Relations at Leeds?
International Relations and Politics.
shyravenclaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I got offered AAB for physics and got BBB and still got accepted. It helps if you put Leeds as your first choice uni because they know that you are more likely to stay and enjoy your course if you go to your first place. I know physics is a totally different degree but just to give you a bit of hope.
V_JP
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by shyravenclaw)
I got offered AAB for physics and got BBB and still got accepted. It helps if you put Leeds as your first choice uni because they know that you are more likely to stay and enjoy your course if you go to your first place. I know physics is a totally different degree but just to give you a bit of hope.
Thanks 😊 this does help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.96%
They might tell the bully (27)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
16.12%
It might lead to more bullying (101)
37%
There's nothing they could do (82)
30.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise