The Student Room Group

Mature student wondering if I should apply for UCLan Astrophysics (Foundation Year)

I'm 24 with a BA in Creative and Professional Writing (2.1 at a brick uni) and half-way through an MA in Creative Writing at the OU and I've been seriously considering applying to study Astrophysics at UCLan, but I'm wondering what my chances of getting in would be.
They ask for 72 UCAS Points (I have 88, B in RS, C in Psych, E in Human bio) (I finished my A-levels in 2014 and would like to apply for 2021 in UCLan), but they ask for Physics and Math A-levels, which I don't have. The closest subject is Human Bio, which I didn't do that well in lol (very poor revision habits). I do have a B in Math GCSE though.

I haven't really found any other unis that I could get on with my current grades, so for me it's either UCLan or OU (Astronomy and Planetary Science). But as my Master's ends in October, I'd have to wait an extra 8 months to study UCLan (I could start OU in Feb), and would just like to know if there's any point applying.
I know the Foundation Year covers all of A-level Physics and Math, and having done a BA and an MA by then I'm pretty sure I'd handle it. I'm also going through all of GCSE math and will probably self-study A level physics and math in my spare time to be well-prepared as well. Plus I'm planning to study part-time, so it'd obviously be much easier. But still - is there any point applying?
Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending