Changing your course during your first year (Student Finance England Help) Watch

egideon247
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello,

Perhaps the title isn't as direct as it sounds so I apologise for any confusion caused amid reading this. Allow me to explain.

Before I started university (University of Leicester) this year, I was on the Mathematics BSc programme. I applied for student finance with the mindset of studying Maths at university but 3 days before fresher's week, I switched to Aerospace Engineering MEng (with Industry) because I had no clear idea of what to do after a Maths degree, and before I even considered Maths as a potential degree of study, it was Engineering (Mechanical) I chose originally. Long story. Anyway, I was so lucky to switch to Aerospace since there were places available in the course at the time, but on my student finance application, my course still stands as Mathematics but I want to change that to Aerospace Engineering. Please note, that at the moment, I have received NO money from SFE yet as more financial evidence is required from my parents to further process my application. Thus, all payments are currently BLOCKED for the time being.

Also, I contacted student finance recently to know if I could change my course on the student finance application (bearing in mind that my course was updated on UCAS to Aerospace), but I was told to wait until I receive payment, THEN I can change the course on my finance application.

My question is, is it possible to change my course on my SFE account even though my course has been updated on UCAS, and my university has already accepted this change on my university admissions letter? Also, since I haven't received any payment from SFE yet, would my application still be affected?

I hope this doesn't drive any brains in circles, but I hope this is somewhat clear, and I deeply apologise if you find yourself lost reading this. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by egideon247)
Hello,

Perhaps the title isn't as direct as it sounds so I apologise for any confusion caused amid reading this. Allow me to explain.

Before I started university (University of Leicester) this year, I was on the Mathematics BSc programme. I applied for student finance with the mindset of studying Maths at university but 3 days before fresher's week, I switched to Aerospace Engineering MEng (with Industry) because I had no clear idea of what to do after a Maths degree, and before I even considered Maths as a potential degree of study, it was Engineering (Mechanical) I chose originally. Long story. Anyway, I was so lucky to switch to Aerospace since there were places available in the course at the time, but on my student finance application, my course still stands as Mathematics but I want to change that to Aerospace Engineering. Please note, that at the moment, I have received NO money from SFE yet as more financial evidence is required from my parents to further process my application. Thus, all payments are currently BLOCKED for the time being.

Also, I contacted student finance recently to know if I could change my course on the student finance application (bearing in mind that my course was updated on UCAS to Aerospace), but I was told to wait until I receive payment, THEN I can change the course on my finance application.

My question is, is it possible to change my course on my SFE account even though my course has been updated on UCAS, and my university has already accepted this change on my university admissions letter? Also, since I haven't received any payment from SFE yet, would my application still be affected?

I hope this doesn't drive any brains in circles, but I hope this is somewhat clear, and I deeply apologise if you find yourself lost reading this. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you
Hi there, if the course has not already started then you can login to your online account http://ow.ly/LhJj30lqw6s to make changes to your application. You should update the course details. It will take up to 6 weeks to process the changes so you should do this as soon as possible. You shouldn't be waiting to receive payment before making changes because the university won't confirm your registration if the course is wrong, so no payment will arrive.

To prevent delays in receiving your funding, you can ask the university to send us manual confirmation of your registration if your application was previously approved. Whilst we are processing your Change of Circumstance (CoC) you can ask the university to release your previously approved funding.
Please show them your last entitlement letter and ask them to perform a manual Confirmation of Registration (CoR) through the Student Information System (SiS).

Once sent, we'll process the CoR and payments can be released up to 5 working days later if a payment is due. You can follow the progress under the 'Your Finance' section of your online account.

Thanks, Isaac.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?