The Student Room Group

Uk universities Admission guide

What chances do i have for admission in any university in uk as an international student with 7 years of study Gap?
What are you wanting to study and what have you done in the past 7 years? The latter is a question that most universities will ask.
Reply 2
I would want to study Cyber Security as undergraduation. In these 7 years i was doing electronics business.
Usually universities in the UK like to see some recent academic attainment, although depending on the course and your professional experience this may be less important. With a 7 year gap though, I imagine they would probably want you to complete e.g. one or two OU modules, an Access to HE course, A-levels, or apply for a course with a foundation year at that university. I would recommend you spend some time exploring these options to see which might be most appropriate to you. In the case of the foundation year, I'd recommend contacting universities offering a foundation year for the course you are interested in and enquiring about their requirements and whether you would be considered suitable to apply to that with your current background.
Reply 4
What are your recommendations for foundation year? And what is OU modules?
Original post by Zaibo
What are your recommendations for foundation year? And what is OU modules?

Just look at universities offering the course you want to study and see if they offer a foundation year for it. The foundation year is integrated into the degree course, as a preliminary year 0, which after completing (subject to progression requirements) you enter into the first year of the main degree automatically at that university. You may however want to contact the universities to find out a) where the foundation year is taught (often it's taught in nearby 6th form colleges, rather than on campus) and b) what the retention/progression rates for the programme are.

OU is the Open University, which offers distance learning university courses. You can do a full degree with the OU, however you can also just do a certificate or diploma of higher education (equal to one or two years of university study), and often OU module credits or a certificate of HE from the OU is considered for entry to physical universities in the UK.
OU is open university. Really you need to look at the different universities that offer a foundation year in your chosen subject. A foundation year is for those who have not had any recent study or for those that did not get the required grades for the course without the foundation year. If you look on the UCAS search you can search for your course and see what universities offer it with a foundation year.

Quick Reply

Latest