ddm_1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm trying to apply to the UCL comp science bachelor's course. I'm predicted A*,A,B with A* in psychology , A in Economics and a B in Mathematics. I've also got a contextual offer with UCL due to my realising opportunities programme therefore I can get a lowered offer equivalent of 2 A-Level Grades. So e.g a AAA could get dropped to a ABB for me. I really want to go UCL but they state that even with contextual offers they want a A* in Mathematics. In my AS's I literally didn't revise but I really think I could get a A* but I don't want to apply to UCL if they're just going to reject my offer . so? And also I was only 4 marks off a B ( Predicted A), shall I apply?
blackthrn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ddm_1)
I'm trying to apply to the UCL comp science bachelor's course. I'm predicted A*,A,B with A* in psychology , A in Economics and a B in Mathematics. I've also got a contextual offer with UCL due to my realising opportunities programme therefore I can get a lowered offer equivalent of 2 A-Level Grades. So e.g a AAA could get dropped to a ABB for me. I really want to go UCL but they state that even with contextual offers they want a A* in Mathematics. In my AS's I literally didn't revise but I really think I could get a A* but I don't want to apply to UCL if they're just going to reject my offer . so? And also I was only 4 marks off a B ( Predicted A), shall I apply?
they’ll almost definitely reject you. even with contextual offers, you still need to be predicted to the standard offer, that’s how they work.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As above, the even with the contextual offer you're failing to achieve the specific subject requirement of maths. Since this is a critical subject for computer science, it's very unlikely you will be considered. I would recommend you apply in a gap year after you get your results, or look into other universities for that subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads