The Student Room Group

Dissertation deadline changed!

My dissertation deadline date has been moved forward to the 20th December.. instead of the end of the uni year!
I’ve got the faintest idea of what I want to write but I am struggling massively to actually be able to write anything decent with a structure etc etc
Does anyone have any tips?!??
Moved to Postgrad for you buddy :h:
Reply 2
just write
Original post by Dgriff99
My dissertation deadline date has been moved forward to the 20th December.. instead of the end of the uni year!
I’ve got the faintest idea of what I want to write but I am struggling massively to actually be able to write anything decent with a structure etc etc
Does anyone have any tips?!??

Is this for an undergraduate or postgraduate dissertation?
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Is this for an undergraduate or postgraduate dissertation?

Under!
Reply 5
Have you not got a tutor to discuss this with? What subject and what sort of area are we talking?
Under!

Are you sure it's not the deadline for maybe the proposal or initial work (e.g. the lit review)? It seems incredibly early for a university to expect a complete dissertation.

If you aren't sure, clarify the deadline with your supervisor.
Reply 7
Original post by Scotney
Have you not got a tutor to discuss this with? What subject and what sort of area are we talking?

I’ve got a supervisor but the tutors and basically the other staff at my uni are hopeless, nothing has been organised and they don’t help etc, we haven’t been told anything about the dissertation apart from the deadline and that the topic can be anything, no structure plans or anything. But I’m doing Contemporary art, so we need to do both practical and a dissertation- finding it hard to actually find a topic that I can write enough about that is both intellectual and interesting; I was thinking of writing about the timeline of art through history to present and how women have been represented and influenced etc but I’m finding it hard to find enough research to speak about it enough!
Are you sure it's not the deadline for maybe the proposal or initial work (e.g. the lit review)? It seems incredibly early for a university to expect a complete dissertation.

If you aren't sure, clarify the deadline with your supervisor.

That’s what I thought! Originally we got told that it was a preference that it was due in for Christmas- due to being on an art course so that we had the rest of the year to complete the practical stuff but in our last lecture we got told it’s submission deadline
And my supervisor is absolutely hopeless so everyone on the course is feeling abit lost and on a loose end
That’s what I thought! Originally we got told that it was a preference that it was due in for Christmas- due to being on an art course so that we had the rest of the year to complete the practical stuff but in our last lecture we got told it’s submission deadline
And my supervisor is absolutely hopeless so everyone on the course is feeling abit lost and on a loose end

You should talk to your student rep in that case, to make sure that the faculty are aware of how vague they are being. You may want to talk to yoru student union too. Do you know if previous cohorts have had to submit so early?
Reply 9
You should talk to your student rep in that case, to make sure that the faculty are aware of how vague they are being. You may want to talk to yoru student union too. Do you know if previous cohorts have had to submit so early?

Yeah, I wil! And everyone I’ve known to do their dissertation, or just people that I’ve seen on social media have always handed it in at the end of the year
Yeah, I wil! And everyone I’ve known to do their dissertation, or just people that I’ve seen on social media have always handed it in at the end of the year

Just remember before you go in too hard these people will be marking your work.The flaw in all Art courses!Be careful how you approach this and how you speak to them.The fact is these places can set their own rules.You might be better off trying to ascertain how to structure the dissertationWhat uni is it?
Original post by Glaz
Moved to Postgrad for you buddy :h:

Might want to move it back to Undergrad Art.
Original post by Scotney
Might want to move it back to Undergrad Art.

eek my mistake, soz, i’ll move it tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending