The Student Room Group

recommendations for 11 private schools

my mum is signed me up for guildford high, st pauls, wycombe, and LEHs i tried to do some research but my test is in january and i didnt go to open day. i want to go to wycombe bc my friend is going there but i dont like boarding. What would you recommend? e.g are the students / teachers nice
Original post by gamer135
my mum is signed me up for guildford high, st pauls, wycombe, and LEHs i tried to do some research but my test is in january and i didnt go to open day. i want to go to wycombe bc my friend is going there but i dont like boarding. What would you recommend? e.g are the students / teachers nice

I've heard from people that there is a lot of bullying and stuff at Wycombe and Guildford High supposedly has pretty bad pastoral care or something. But you should really try and go to an open day to see what they like and how you feel about it. I don't know about the other's though. Also, it isn't a good idea to go to a school because of your friend. You may not still be friends later on and a school hat she likes may not be a school that you would be happy in.
Reply 2
Probably too late now but LEH is great. Most of the students are good and so are the teschers. Its now quite centred on wellbeing which is good- we have a therapy dog and everything. But they still teach you well and give you a good balance of homework. Also i came here with my friend but we aren't big friends any more- still friendly but we drifted apart, so thats a good reason to not go with your friend. You also might find that it restricts you- i know people who stuck too close to old friends and then were lonely when that friend found their own new group of friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending