linarah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi

Is there anyone here who started the LPC in Birmingham January this year and nearing completion?

I have some questions in relation to the timetable and would appreciate some perspective from current students.

Also anyone due to start the course in Birmingham in Jan 2020?

On a side note - anyone know how DMU compares with the UoL with their LPC programme?
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Linarah,

Leicester De Montfort Law School offers students individual careers advice and guidance with the opportunity to be involved in pro bono work. You will be supported by a highly experienced team of academics with invaluable links in both commercial and traditional practices.

Our LPC is divided into two stages; Stage One covers the Compulsory Modules and Skills. Stage Two, covers the Electives. You can choose three Electives from a range of commercial and private client areas meaning you are able to create your own personal learning experience tailored to your career ambitions and interests. Throughout the course you will strengthen your legal skills with the addition of negotiation and mediation sessions; all key skills for future lawyers.

Leicester De Montfort Law School also benefits from an integrated Law Library, with an exclusive LPC/LLM library and computer resource room with full internet access and the use of online services such as Westlaw and Lexis Library.

Find out more information here: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/...full-time.aspx

Thanks

Rajpreet
linarah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by De Montfort University)
Hey Linarah,

Leicester De Montfort Law School offers students individual careers advice and guidance with the opportunity to be involved in pro bono work. You will be supported by a highly experienced team of academics with invaluable links in both commercial and traditional practices.

Our LPC is divided into two stages; Stage One covers the Compulsory Modules and Skills. Stage Two, covers the Electives. You can choose three Electives from a range of commercial and private client areas meaning you are able to create your own personal learning experience tailored to your career ambitions and interests. Throughout the course you will strengthen your legal skills with the addition of negotiation and mediation sessions; all key skills for future lawyers.

Leicester De Montfort Law School also benefits from an integrated Law Library, with an exclusive LPC/LLM library and computer resource room with full internet access and the use of online services such as Westlaw and Lexis Library.

Find out more information here: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/...full-time.aspx

Thanks

Rajpreet
Is it still the case intakes are only in September of each year for the full time programme?
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Linarah,
Answering your previous question, yes it is still the case.
Kind Regards,
Jon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (82)
38.32%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.75%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.83%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.62%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.48%

Watched Threads