Popstar1980
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
To what extent did defeat in the crimean war provide Alexander 2 with an ideal opportunity to introduce major reforms
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Popstar1980)
To what extent did defeat in the crimean war provide Alexander 2 with an ideal opportunity to introduce major reforms
Do you have a textbook you can use to help you with answering this?
RebeccaB_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It highlighted to the Tsar and to the Russian people the need for major industrial reform as they suffered such a humiliating defeat. Serfdom was preventing them from having an industrial revolution and having an economy to rival Western powers, so Alexander II could introduce major reform by freeing the serfs in 1861.
Hope this helps
Popstar1980
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by RebeccaB_x)
It highlighted to the Tsar and to the Russian people the need for major industrial reform as they suffered such a humiliating defeat. Serfdom was preventing them from having an industrial revolution and having an economy to rival Western powers, so Alexander II could introduce major reform by freeing the serfs in 1861.
Hope this helps
Yes it does thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.85%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.1%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.92%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.11%

Watched Threads