The Student Room Group

Student finance ineligibility problem

When I applied for student finance Wales, I made a minor error which caused the application to become denied. The error was that I moved to Wales for the sole purpose of education which was a mistake because I have lived here all my life studied through Primary school all the way to A levels. I called the student finance office and the advisor told me to send a letter WITH evidence regarding my mistake. So I attached my bank statement which was suggested by the advisor and also I mentioned how I made a mistake in the application. Now 4 weeks in with my first rent instalment coming I get another letter of application ineligibility. This time it mentions I haven’t signed and dated the letter that you originally moved to Wales to study at university? And that they find ineligible for the purpose of education. Sorry it’s either I don’t understand but I’m pretty sure I made it clear I lived here my entire life and the I never ever moved for the purpose of education benefits but literally to just live. Sorry if this issue is long but CS is taking a toll on me and this letter is something I didn’t really want to see. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated thank you!
Original post by Sannnnnguruw
When I applied for student finance Wales, I made a minor error which caused the application to become denied. The error was that I moved to Wales for the sole purpose of education which was a mistake because I have lived here all my life studied through Primary school all the way to A levels. I called the student finance office and the advisor told me to send a letter WITH evidence regarding my mistake. So I attached my bank statement which was suggested by the advisor and also I mentioned how I made a mistake in the application. Now 4 weeks in with my first rent instalment coming I get another letter of application ineligibility. This time it mentions I haven’t signed and dated the letter that you originally moved to Wales to study at university? And that they find ineligible for the purpose of education. Sorry it’s either I don’t understand but I’m pretty sure I made it clear I lived here my entire life and the I never ever moved for the purpose of education benefits but literally to just live. Sorry if this issue is long but CS is taking a toll on me and this letter is something I didn’t really want to see. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated thank you!

Hi

I strongly suggest contacting your uni's finance office for advice. It's very likely they will have seen this situation before, and will be able to help you resolve this. They may also be able to help you out with hardship funding in the short term!
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Hi

I strongly suggest contacting your uni's finance office for advice. It's very likely they will have seen this situation before, and will be able to help you resolve this. They may also be able to help you out with hardship funding in the short term!

Thank you! Will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending