The Student Room Group

A levels

I’m thinking of taking psychology (if I get the grades) or sociology, law, religious studies and business. Are these good choices as I know they don’t really go together?
Reply 1
Hi!
I did psychology, sociology, RS and AS business at A-level. I think if you’re interested in the subjects they are good choices, particularly together because there is some overlap between the different areas of each subject. For example, knowledge of ethics from RS can also be applied to all of the other 3 subjects. I personally enjoyed sociology most, then psychology, RS and finally business (I just came to realise that this wasn’t for me, but also mainly due to the fact that I didn’t have good teaching support)
Reply 2
Original post by aspiringnurse17
Hi!
I did psychology, sociology, RS and AS business at A-level. I think if you’re interested in the subjects they are good choices, particularly together because there is some overlap between the different areas of each subject. For example, knowledge of ethics from RS can also be applied to all of the other 3 subjects. I personally enjoyed sociology most, then psychology, RS and finally business (I just came to realise that this wasn’t for me, but also mainly due to the fact that I didn’t have good teaching support)

Oh wow that’s great! Would u recommend doing psychology and sociology together as I’ve been told by so many people not to as there apparently so similar ?
Original post by Amber1874
I’m thinking of taking psychology (if I get the grades) or sociology, law, religious studies and business. Are these good choices as I know they don’t really go together?

They’re all alright, however I wouldn’t recommend law if you plan to do a law degree because unis prefer to teach it their way and don’t like the law A level
Reply 4
Yes! Do it. I was told the same think, that they’re going to be really similar (this was 4 years ago). But I think that’s really untrue. Whilst there are similarities, they’re quite minor in the sense that maybe a topic or so overlaps (e.g., research methods) but otherwise it’s not that similar. I think a better way of putting it would be that they compliment one another. But also keep in mind that different Exam boards have different content, I did WJEC psych and OCR soc. It’s best to check this at an open day.
They're all perfectly fine and don't worry about whether or not they connect well. That doesn't matter. Just make sure to do 3 because doing 4 won't give you an advantage and if you apply to universities, they'll ignore anything more than 3.

What are you thinking of doing at uni?
Reply 7
Original post by Emma:-)
What are you thinking of doing at uni?

Either social work or business (totally opposite s I know haha)
Either social work or business (totally opposite s I know haha)

Id check on unis websites to see if they specify any subjects on the courses you are thinking of.
Otherwise do the ones you enjoy most and think you will get the best grades in.

Quick Reply

Latest