The Student Room Group

Further Maths

If I get an 8 in GCSE maths,how hard will it be?
I'm assuming you mean GCSE Further Maths rather than A-level?? For GCSE Further Maths I know it sounds crazy but I actually found it much easier than the ordinary GCSE but it definitely varies from person to person. What further maths does is basically touch on topics you would cover at A-level but doesn't do them in as much detail of course, you'll do some calculus (seriously not as scary as it sounds) and mechanics and that sort of jazz. It is a totally different ball game to ordinary GCSE but all I can say is I really liked it haha
Reply 2
Original post by fionnuala560
I'm assuming you mean GCSE Further Maths rather than A-level?? For GCSE Further Maths I know it sounds crazy but I actually found it much easier than the ordinary GCSE but it definitely varies from person to person. What further maths does is basically touch on topics you would cover at A-level but doesn't do them in as much detail of course, you'll do some calculus (seriously not as scary as it sounds) and mechanics and that sort of jazz. It is a totally different ball game to ordinary GCSE but all I can say is I really liked it haha

sorry I was talking about A-level!
Original post by Rolo1234
sorry I was talking about A-level!

Did you do further maths at GCSE?
Reply 4
Did you do further maths at GCSE?

No but I did Additional Maths
Original post by Rolo1234
No but I did Additional Maths

Yeah I think that's a similar idea, you should be grand I'd say. I didn't do further maths at A level cause my school only offer it off timetable but I do ordinary Maths and I have friends that do Further Maths its doable
Reply 6
Yeah I think that's a similar idea, you should be grand I'd say. I didn't do further maths at A level cause my school only offer it off timetable but I do ordinary Maths and I have friends that do Further Maths its doable

Thx
I got a 9 and further maths a level is given me a headache just by thinking of it. Cancer, avoid it at al costs
I got an 8 at GCSE, and didn’t do additional maths, but I am really enjoying a level maths and further maths. Its completely different to GCSE, but it’s much more interesting.
I got an A* in maths last year, and I’m predicted an A* in further maths. The thing that makes it harder is you have to completely understand everything. You can get through gcse with hardly any understanding and still get a decent grade, but at A level it’s not that easy because everything builds on everything else.
You'll do fine if you put in enough work throughout the year (not just near exams), and ask for help as soon as you need it with anything.
Reply 9
Original post by Dancer2001
I got an 8 at GCSE, and didn’t do additional maths, but I am really enjoying a level maths and further maths. Its completely different to GCSE, but it’s much more interesting.
I got an A* in maths last year, and I’m predicted an A* in further maths. The thing that makes it harder is you have to completely understand everything. You can get through gcse with hardly any understanding and still get a decent grade, but at A level it’s not that easy because everything builds on everything else.
You'll do fine if you put in enough work throughout the year (not just near exams), and ask for help as soon as you need it with anything.

Thx

Quick Reply

Latest