ScoutLeopard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have my mock for Spanish in December but my school is making us start preparing our answers now, but I'm not sure how to choose my picture. Any help would be much appreciated!
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is this GCSE? A-level? IB (and if so, ab initio, SL, or HL)?

It helps people to advise if you provide as much information and context as possible
ScoutLeopard
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Is this GCSE? A-level? IB (and if so, ab initio, SL, or HL)?

It helps people to advise if you provide as much information and context as possible
iGCSE (not much different to normal GCSE, I think we just learn different content)
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ScoutLeopard)
iGCSE (not much different to normal GCSE, I think we just learn different content)
Good to know Hopefully someone will be able to advise you soon! While I did do GCSE Spanish, it was about 12 years ago and I've promptly forgotten all of it so I can't really offer too much advice (and I don't recall us choosing a picture for the oral; I think we just had our topics assigned by our teacher)

I would guess what you talk about will be related to the picture, so presumably think about what vocab you've covered and you're confident in and pick the one you think will let you use as much of that as you can. You'll probably be able to demonstrate understanding of the different grammatical aspects (tenses etc) from any prompt.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 5 months ago
chibibotto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is it AQA? if so then I can give you more specific advice because I've just done my GCSE in Spanish!
ScoutLeopard
Rep:
?
(Original post by chibibotto)
Is it AQA? if so then I can give you more specific advice because I've just done my GCSE in Spanish!
No, I do Edexcel, but I doubt that the course is too different as they will be assessing similar things just with different vocabulary.
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
There will likely be a selection of themes - with AQA there was a theme on identity, one on the environment and the third was on education.

I'd say think about the topic which you know most vocabulary for and perhaps choose this. Also a topic which you feel you can talk a lot about and expand on.

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them
ScoutLeopard
Rep:
?
There will likely be a selection of themes - with AQA there was a theme on identityTh, one on the environment and the third was on education.

I'd say think about the topic which you know most vocabulary for and perhaps choose this. Also a topic which you feel you can talk a lot about and expand on.

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them
Thanks! The topics for iGCSE Edexcel are home and abroad, the world around us, social activities/fitness/health and I can't remember the other 2 right now
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks! The topics for iGCSE Edexcel are home and abroad, the world around us, social activities/fitness/health and I can't remember the other 2 right now
No worries

Do you have an idea about which topic you'd pick?
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Also you're lucky, we just got given any card and had to revise everything 😭😂😂
ScoutLeopard
Rep:
?
No worries

Do you have an idea about which topic you'd pick?
Yep! I've actually picked my picture now (I had to pick before last Friday as we did a little bit of work then). I have chosen a picture with some people playing volleyball.
ScoutLeopard
Rep:
?
Also you're lucky, we just got given any card and had to revise everything 😭😂😂
Oof, that sucks
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
With SafeSearch set to 'on'.
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yep! I've actually picked my picture now (I had to pick before last Friday as we did a little bit of work then). I have chosen a picture with some people playing volleyball.
Sport is a great topic! Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads