My 'grow your grades' journey

Watch
probablysom1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Well I saw the idea and I liked the idea of having a place to organise my thoughts about my A Levels. To be honest, I've been having a hard time with A Levels; I went through year 10 and 11 without really working too hard, and generally natural intelligence got me where I needed to be. Now I feel tremendous pressure to actually study, as it's dawning on me hard and fast that such an attitude won't really get me anywhere. Here's a bit about me: I'm currently doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Chemistry and intend on studying Economics or Computer Science at university. I don't know which as of yet, both seem equally enticing at this point. More importantly, at the peak of my GCSE career I did maybe 3-4 hours of work a day. Now this was more then enough for me (as reflected in my end results), but I really don't see this being the case. More then getting my grades up, what I want to see in myself is a more consistent work ethic, one that helps me for the next 5 years to do more. If you made it this far then thanks aha
confuzzledteen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'm doing the exact same A Level subjects as you, and want to do similar things at university Will be following your blog. Best of luck in sixth form!
QueenAelin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It sounds like you're doing some really interesting A-Levels! I'm in the same boat with the whole "I coasted along on my natural intelligence and now I'm freaking out" thing :lol: I'll be following your blog, and I hope it helps make A-Levels a little easier to deal with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (195)
60.19%
No (71)
21.91%
Not sure (58)
17.9%

Watched Threads