The Student Room Group

University application

Hello,
I’ve recently had a change of tune about uni originally wanting to do chemistry now wanting to do economics. I’m predicted A*A*A in chem maths and bio however have no economics work experience. How should I structure my personal statement now and what should I include in it? Many thanks for the help
Original post by smithstar01
Hello,
I’ve recently had a change of tune about uni originally wanting to do chemistry now wanting to do economics. I’m predicted A*A*A in chem maths and bio however have no economics work experience. How should I structure my personal statement now and what should I include in it? Many thanks for the help

Disclaimer: I am no expert, but my general advice for personal statements is to explain your motivations to study the subject and to talk about research/reading you have done around it, remembering to explain what you found particularly interesting.

Better still, try and link motivations to actions (eg I was interested in X which prompted me to read Y and I was fascinated by the way Z works) and actions to other actions (eg I read X and was particularly interested in Y aspect which led me to do further research where I found out about Z).

Of course these examples are just for illustration and you’d write them in better prose for the actual personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending