Is it possible to do all this coursework in 2 months?

Watch this thread
s817
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I've started my course late, just last week and I've got a 15 minute PowerPoint with script and bibliography to do which is due in a month but alongside that I have a design project to do which is due in 2 months which includes 2 sketchbooks, technical/research file and 20-40+ samples or designs with a journal. It's a lot and I'm worried I won't get it done. I wish they weren't alongside each other. I'm thinking about getting all the research for each module done by the end of next week and start sketchbooks by the end of this week. Journal at the end of each week then it won't take long to get the PowerPoint, script and bibliography together once the research is done then I can concentrate on the design project only-sketchbooks/final designs and presenting the PowerPoint. It's the only plan I have, it's going to be a tough 2 months. I can't wait for it to be over but there'll be no rest.

Next semester will be the same, got a research project and another portfolio to do but that starts after the Christmas break. I don't celebrate Christmas so I'm planning on doing research for both for the whole break so I'll just have to concentrate on writing and getting on with the portfolio.

Then the final module will be on its own so my full attention will be on it and hopefully I won't feel this way.

Is this a good plan or are there any other ways? How would you approach this?
Welshvisitor
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Not a clue. You haven’t even said what your course is. You started late so talk with your personal tutor. Is this college or university?
Last edited by Welshvisitor; 2 years ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by s817)
So I've started my course late, just last week and I've got a 15 minute PowerPoint with script and bibliography to do which is due in a month but alongside that I have a design project to do which is due in 2 months which includes 2 sketchbooks, technical/research file and 20-40+ samples or designs with a journal. It's a lot and I'm worried I won't get it done. I wish they weren't alongside each other. I'm thinking about getting all the research for each module done by the end of next week and start sketchbooks by the end of this week. Journal at the end of each week then it won't take long to get the PowerPoint, script and bibliography together once the research is done then I can concentrate on the design project only-sketchbooks/final designs and presenting the PowerPoint. It's the only plan I have, it's going to be a tough 2 months. I can't wait for it to be over but there'll be no rest.

Next semester will be the same, got a research project and another portfolio to do but that starts after the Christmas break. I don't celebrate Christmas so I'm planning on doing research for both for the whole break so I'll just have to concentrate on writing and getting on with the portfolio.

Then the final module will be on its own so my full attention will be on it and hopefully I won't feel this way.

Is this a good plan or are there any other ways? How would you approach this?
Presuming that that's the way the assignments have always been scheduled for past cohorts, it must be possible to do all of it and still pass. The main thing is to be organised and strict with your time, and work out a schedule for yourself so that you can do multiple assignments simultaneously. It would be a fatal error to only do one piece of work at a time, and not start another until the first one is finished.

If you need support, make sure you utilise your personal tutor and study skills department.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
With enough commitment, anything is possible in 2 months!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (21)
30.88%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
38.24%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (3)
4.41%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.41%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.88%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.24%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.47%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.47%

Watched Threads