The Student Room Group

UCAS application --- help needed entering work experience

Hello people,

I have two things I need help with.

I’ve done some veterinary work experience (non-paid) related to my course choice which is a requirement also. How do I put this on my UCAS application? I’ll obviously talk about it in my personal statement but I fear as though I’ll be asked for proof. Do I just mention how long I’ve done my work experience in my personal statement or will they ask for references? (Something I don’t have from my first placement)
And if so, where in the UCAS system do I put it in?

ALSO

I volunteer at a few places during the week, this is obviously not paid but is it something I just mention in my personal statement only and nowhere else on my UCAS?

Hope I’ve made sense!

Thank you loads!
(edited 4 years ago)
I have moved this to the Vet Med forum.
Original post by August00
Hello people,

I have two things I need help with.

I’ve done some veterinary work experience (non-paid) related to my course choice which is a requirement also. How do I put this on my UCAS application? I’ll obviously talk about it in my personal statement but I fear as though I’ll be asked for proof. Do I just mention how long I’ve done my work experience in my personal statement or will they ask for references? (Something I don’t have from my first placement)
And if so, where in the UCAS system do I put it in?

ALSO

I volunteer at a few places during the week, this is obviously not paid but is it something I just mention in my personal statement only and nowhere else on my UCAS?

Hope I’ve made sense!

Thank you loads!

The work experience section on ucas is for paid work.

You need to check with universities how they need information on volunteer positions - if it’s a requirement then they’ll usually need you to complete a supplemental form after you apply.
Vet schools will ask for references separetaly from the UCAS system.
You don't need to provide references for all of your placements but you will need to provide enough to cover a certain time period (or specific amount for husbatory placements and veterinary placements)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending