The Student Room Group

Enhanced DBS - declaring a speed awareness course

I’m just wondering whether I should have declared I was caught speeding and attended a drivers awareness course and paid the fine (2 years ago) for my enhanced DBS? I have no point on my licence, and I’ve not disclosed it before but managing to probably work myself up over nothing. Any ideas?
IIRC enhanced DBS covers criminal convictions, cautions, warnings, and the barred list but not driving offences that can be dealt with by a FPN; eg speeding that falls within the awareness course parameters.

Sorry, long winded way of saying that you should be okay.

But if your new role involves driving then you may need to inform your employer - check your contract and their policy.
Reply 2
The job offer doesn’t involve any driving so hopefully will be all good!
Original post by Rick Ape
IIRC enhanced DBS covers criminal convictions, cautions, warnings, and the barred list but not driving offences that can be dealt with by a FPN; eg speeding that falls within the awareness course parameters.

Sorry, long winded way of saying that you should be okay.

But if your new role involves driving then you may need to inform your employer - check your contract and their policy.

A driving offence is a criminal offence, so will come up on the enhanced DBS.

However, OP if your speeding ticket was dealt with by SAC then that offence shouldn't be listed on the DBS.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
I’ve received an enhanced DBS 8 months and a year and a half after the speed awareness course and it was all clear. I guess from reading online a lot of different opinions whether to disclose, I got myself slightly confused as to whether I should have always disclosed this or that is was bypassed on my other checks, confusing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending