My hair is falling out!!! I’m so scared Watch

Ellie150203
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve noticed for a while now my hairline is kind of receding like when i put my hair up in a pony tail my hair just looks a lot more further back than it did in pictures from a couple years ago. And i’ve realised that my baby hairs have literally gone like now there’s literally none left. My hair has never been the thickest but lately it has become so thin - i don’t know if this is due to stress because my grandad died a few months back and also i went through a friendship breakup and just got my gcse results in august. The other day i was brushing my hair and you know when you brush it and one or two strands of hair comes out... Well i was brushing mine and like 10 hairs would come out at once i’m honestly so scared and upset i don’t even know what to do. My hair has never been in the best condition btw like my was bleached white blonde about a year ago which obviously really damaged it but now my hair is back to my natural colour and i’ve only just noticed it’s falling out! Please help
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A side effect of stress can be temporary hair loss, which, owing to the cycle of growth, usually becomes apparent 6-8 weeks after the incident of stress, - which fits with your bereavement. If that’s the cause in your instance, your hairline should return to normal. For a good indication of whether there’s a genetic cause, just study the hairline of the older relatives in your family.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t stress and use oil and maybe use a heat cap.
Last edited by Discrepancy; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (22)
6.88%
They might tell the bully (31)
9.69%
I don't think they'd understand (48)
15%
It might lead to more bullying (119)
37.19%
There's nothing they could do (100)
31.25%

Watched Threads