The Student Room Group

A level maths

How many questions from AS content appear in the A2 Maths Papers ( Edexcel New Spec)
Original post by PurpleHaze69
How many questions from AS content appear in the A2 Maths Papers ( Edexcel New Spec)

The A2 topics are continuation of the AS topics. So you need to be knowledgeable about it but not too much in detail.

For example, in context of either a C1234/P1234 papers, in AS you'd have done 'logarithms and exponentials' under which you study log rules and how to sketch exponential graphs and how to solve log problems using the log rules. In A2, the same topic comes up but the content you'd stuudy now would exponential functions and natural logarithms and exponential modelling. All of which need you to use your exponential graph sketching and log rules from before.

The same goes to taking up Statistics or Mechanics modules if you gon onto continuing with their 2 and 3 parts in A2 level. In stats you need to keep a hold on probability and normal distribution and in mechanics every formula being used especially the 'suvat'. I'm not very sure about the Further Mathematics and Decision Mathematics module because I haven't taken them in my A2 subject list.

Hope this was helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest