UCLan Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are you thinking about applying for Physiotherapy? Let us know if you have any questions about the course, application process, university or anything else!
Deedfolk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm considering applying for uclan to study physiotherapy. I'm currently living in Northern Ireland and would be applying as a mature student (29). How would accommodation work with me planning to move ? Is there a location for mature students only? Also does the course accept access courses?

Many thanks
UCLan Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Deedfolk)
Hi,

I'm considering applying for uclan to study physiotherapy. I'm currently living in Northern Ireland and would be applying as a mature student (29). How would accommodation work with me planning to move ? Is there a location for mature students only? Also does the course accept access courses?

Many thanks
Hey there, UCLan does offer guaranteed accommodation to all new, full-time students. We currently don't offer a mature students only location, however we do offer some smaller locations, such as Pendle Hall, which only accommodates two or three students. You can see all of our accommodation here: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/accommodation/

As for access courses, one of the course tutors has advised the following:

• ALL applicants MUST have at least GCSE Maths and English Language at a C (4) or higher. We do not accept equivalents of GCSE’s e.g. function or key skills at level 2. If the applicant only has GCSE’s, has no other academic qualifications, then usually advise Access to Higher Education Course. These are 60 credits, 45 of these are at level 3, 15 at level 2. The offer is currently 30 level 3 credits at distinction level.

• In terms of subject, this varies, usually – Access to Health, Access to Science, Access to Physiotherapy, some Access to nursing courses are ok, but we need to look at module content and level of biology/science on a case by case basis.

If you do have any specific questions you can contact Mike Greaney at the following: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/staff_profiles/mike-greaney.php

Thanks,
Ryan
Amyspandas94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there! I have already sent my application off! I was so amazed by the facilities that UCLan have to offer and the tutors seem incredible!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Central Lancashire
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Jun '20
  • University of Central Lancashire
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 2 Nov '20

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (42)
19.27%
Unconditional if firmed (18)
8.26%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.92%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.29%
No unconditional offers (151)
69.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed