MadMaths
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Clarabelle124)
Got an email today saying that I passed the job simulation but are progressing with other candidates first. They said they’ll let me know after 6th December if I have progressed to the final stage
Similar situation to me except I am at IOA stage
axc5
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just wanted to drop in and say not to feel disheartened if you get the ‘progressing other candidates first’ email.

I received this email last year when applying for SVS but I actually made it through all stages eventually, got an offer, had a really great SVS experience and now hold a graduate offer.

No guarantees but it’s not necessarily bad news!
MadMaths
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by axc5)
Just wanted to drop in and say not to feel disheartened if you get the ‘progressing other candidates first’ email.

I received this email last year when applying for SVS but I actually made it through all stages eventually, got an offer, had a really great SVS experience and now hold a graduate offer.

Sorry for my stupidity but what is SVS?
Banshee123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by geocpar)
Hey! I can’t seem to see a thread for this intake so I thought I’d make one.

What stream has everybody applied for and how far through the process are they?

Has anyone heard back about assessment centres?

Good luck!
Random Q
What a level do you do and what are you predicted
(or have achieved)?
axc5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MadMaths)
Sorry for my stupidity but what is SVS?
Summer Vacation Scheme - just what Deloitte calls their summer internship programme.
Davina_Rehal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heZkk)
I just finished my immersive assessment. I got numerical interpreter as my weakness. I think that’s it for me in the process
Hey there! I hope you don't mind me asking if you remember what any of the maths questions were like?
Davina_Rehal
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Similar situation to me except I am at IOA stage
Hey are there any details you could spare about what the test is like?, Is it timed, how much of it is numerical etc. Thank you
MadMaths
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Davina_Rehal)
Hey are there any details you could spare about what the test is like?, Is it timed, how much of it is numerical etc. Thank you
Basiccaly it starts with competency questions with sprinkled in math questions, you have a variety of sources which u need to read and calculate from, it does take awhile to do the maths questions but the test isn't timed so relax.
Davina_Rehal
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Basiccaly it starts with competency questions with sprinkled in math questions, you have a variety of sources which u need to read and calculate from, it does take awhile to do the maths questions but the test isn't timed so relax.
Ah ok thank you! I applied for a strategy & operations role, have you done the same, will the test be similar across all of these roles?
MadMaths
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Davina_Rehal)
Ah ok thank you! I applied for a strategy & operations role, have you done the same, will the test be similar across all of these roles?
Should be the same across all
Th3CosmicTeapot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by duosphin)
You can’t really prepare it’s all case studies
Damn, thanks anyway. How were the video questions? I've heard loads of people say that they're quite weird.
huntermc28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by duosphin)
has anyone else done the job stimulation? I applied for audit and I found it really difficult, some of the questions were so weird :/
Hey! I've just received my email inviting me to the Job Simulation Assessment. I also too have applied for Audit. How did you find it? What sorts of questions do they ask? Thanks
student754
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone heard back following their email regarding the Assessment Centres? I know they said places will be confirmed by 4th Nov but I can't stop myself from checking my emails all the time.
GradSchAppl
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I'm applying for a grad scheme and was invited to the online job assessment. What sorts of questions did you get? Was it mostly competency based questions, or more related to the situation they gave you?Also what was the writing task like? I read it somewhere that it's writing an email to your colleagues/clients? Are the questions timed?
GradSchAppl
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by student754)
Has anyone heard back following their email regarding the Assessment Centres? I know they said places will be confirmed by 4th Nov but I can't stop myself from checking my emails all the time.
Hey, what was the job simulation like? What sorts of questions did you get and what's the writing task like?
student754
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GradSchAppl)
Hey, what was the job simulation like? What sorts of questions did you get and what's the writing task like?
The job simulation was fine. Just a mixture of situational interview questions and the writing task was fine - just based on a job situation they give you. Each question was timed.
Alvizzzzle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just got that email and i applied for monitor deloitte svs. What i dont get is i havent gotten the invite for job simulation and they said that they will update me after the deadline in January. I'm just confused cause i thought for the summer scheme there are no assessment centres.
student754
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alvizzzzle)
I just got that email and i applied for monitor deloitte svs. What i dont get is i havent gotten the invite for job simulation and they said that they will update me after the deadline in January. I'm just confused cause i thought for the summer scheme there are no assessment centres.
maybe a glitch in the system? I applied to grad scheme human capital consulting
emily0705
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe a glitch in the system? I applied to grad scheme human capital consulting
Which human capital did you apply to?
Alvizzzzle
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by axc5)

Hey, what did you apply for and was there an assessment centre in the process?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (21)
38.18%
No I don't (23)
41.82%
I work during the holidays (11)
20%

Watched Threads