cookie1727
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! I'm currently doing my geography coursework and mines about sand dune succession, I have already collected data which was measuring species diversity with distance from beach. I used a quadrat and counted the number of different species, my distances were 0m, 20m, 40m, 60m, 80m, 100m, 120m, 140m, 160m, 180m and 200m. I also collected soil pH at each of these distances. However, I need some data to compare mine to that fits with sand dune succession (that species diversity will increase and soil pH will decrease with distance from beach) does anyone have any data on any sand dunes around the UK that I could use? Any help would be much appreciated, TIA
LoisClayton
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cookie1727)
Hello! I'm currently doing my geography coursework and mines about sand dune succession, I have already collected data which was measuring species diversity with distance from beach. I used a quadrat and counted the number of different species, my distances were 0m, 20m, 40m, 60m, 80m, 100m, 120m, 140m, 160m, 180m and 200m. I also collected soil pH at each of these distances. However, I need some data to compare mine to that fits with sand dune succession (that species diversity will increase and soil pH will decrease with distance from beach) does anyone have any data on any sand dunes around the UK that I could use? Any help would be much appreciated, TIA
Hi. I'm also doing geo coursework although mine is human. If you want to make it easier on yourself, choose a sand dune that is close by. For my human comparison, I just used the place I live. However, you probably don't have sand dunes in your local area if you are asking in the first place. Here is a list of sand dunes in the UK from countryfile so they probably all have life on them: list of sand dunes.
I hope this helps
cookie1727
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by LoisClayton)
Hi. I'm also doing geo coursework although mine is human. If you want to make it easier on yourself, choose a sand dune that is close by. For my human comparison, I just used the place I live. However, you probably don't have sand dunes in your local area if you are asking in the first place. Here is a list of sand dunes in the UK from countryfile so they probably all have life on them: list of sand dunes.
I hope this help
Thank you so much for your help! Unfortunately, yes I don’t live near the coast so it’s kind of difficult! Good luck with your studies!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (27)
14.44%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (55)
29.41%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
40.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.37%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.67%

Watched Threads