The Student Room Group

Can I apply to these unis without a 6 in GCSE maths?

So here’s the situation:

I sat my A Levels this year and got :
A - Sociology
C - Psychology
E - Biology

I’m resitting Psychology and Biology in 2020.

I would like to study Psychology and Neuroscience at uni but some of the unis I want to apply to want a 6 in Maths (i.e KCL, Sussex) and I only achieved a 5.

Is it worth applying to those unis?

Any advice?
They state 6, they mean 6.
Maths is a required skill for Psychology (stats work).

However, you can retake that GCSE alongside your A levels - just ask your school/college to enter you for the exam. Any offer would include that GCSE grade as an extra condition.
I think that you need to check the resit policy of your universities as well as their entry requirements. You will almost certainly have to resit maths (and biology obvs) but make sure that your universities will accept resits. If not, you may have to reconsider some of your choices :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by barror1
I think that you need to check the resit policy of your universities as well as their entry requirements. You will almost certainly have to resit maths (and biology obvs) but make sure that your universities will accept resits. If not, you may have to reconsider some of your choices :redface:

Yeah I’ve contacted my unis. And thankfully they all accept retakes 😅
Original post by Jcat894
Yeah I’ve contacted my unis. And thankfully they all accept retakes 😅

That's fine then! :woo:
If you feel confident in getting the grades then, I would say go for it! Best of luck :hugs:
As you're only taking two A Levels this year I would just retake your maths GCSE alongside.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending