Nah Not Me Mate
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have scoured the forums and the last major thread for any PPL and its combinations was 2016. A few questions posed:
- How popular is the Psychology and Philosophy denomination of the course?
- Are our TSA results on a separate grade boundary to the PPE students?
- I've heard that males have a higher chance of success, as there are fewer male applicants; is this true?
I also just wanna hear from anyone who is considering the course for 2020 as I can't seem to find anyone thus far lol.
Em.-.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m applying for experimental psychology, so one subject in common and I think all TSA results are collected together, but you could get into ppl/psychology with a lower score generally. If you look at the average score for successful applicants PPE students tend to be the ones who get the incredibly high scores (as it’s a lot more popular) whereas for us even a score below 60 does have a chance (if other aspects of application are good) of being shortlisted and then accepted.
Claire4060
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There were only 216 applicants I think and 33 were accepted. They try to even out boys and girls but the percentage difference is slim I’m sure they base their decision more on nuances in grades, statement, etc. You are on the same boundary as PPE but if everyone does poorly for PPL the standards will be lower. Don’t be so hopeful because last year you needed a 72.9 whereas PPE was 65? I hope the TSA went well! It didn’t for me.
Nah Not Me Mate
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Where did you get that statistic about PPL average pass mark from?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
30.16%
No - I have already returned home (8)
12.7%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (13)
20.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (3)
4.76%
No - I live at home during term anyway (20)
31.75%

Watched Threads