I asked my ex out and this happened Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We broke up mutually but I never really wanted to, it was because she started to dusntance herself from me and the relationship. She stopped wanting to see me, change days, said she had to be back st a certain time etc. So eventually when she said 'we can't carry on like this' I relucagredd to end it. After the break up we have kept in touch with her initiating contact and also me. A lot of the time she stops replying and deliberately igñores me, sometimes for months until she gets in touch again or I get in touch. At the beginning of the break up' I tried to fix things, meet up, talk, coffee, anything all to no avail and then she would ignore me again. So I went quiet for months until one day I accidentally sent her a message meant for someone else. To my shock she replied and seemed to almost be pleased to hear from me. She asked abiut me, what I meant upto, how I'm doing etc. Then again it died off. she stopped replying. Then a couple of weeks later we started talking again and we got talking about the break up for the first time. She told me things I never knew she told me how I upset her at the end, how she felt bad, trapped and upset. This was such a surprise to me and I actually felt sick knowing I had made her feel like that. I asked her to explain how and why but she never really said. I still don't know why she started to lose interest. Everytime I asked she just told me not to worry......how could I try and fix things if she wouldn't tell me?
I told her I wish I could go back and change tings, I apologised for making her feel like that. She asked me if I was trying to say I wanted to try again. I said he really to her I wanted to meet up and offered to take her out. She said she wasn't sure and confused and would think abiut it that day and get back to me that day, she did but no mention of meeting up so I had to ask again. She said she didn't know. Didn't want to say yes to get my hopes up nor say no and regret it? She said we could still talk though. So the last few weeks we have been talking, me making the convo and her replying in hours, even when she online......lately though she become more open and jokey even asking me questions. I jokingly pit in about meeting up, it had been three weeks and no mention from her. She replied saying we've talked about this and I said that's fine, she said she still not sure??
She then ignored my reply for ages until she replied back with not a lot and I told her it has to feel right. She's gone on to ignore this and hasn't replied again. Why can't she say yes or no?
What do I do? I also have reason to beleive she is chatting to another guy. This guy seems a bit of a player.
I haven't got back in touch with her again. I'm not going to chase.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She is confused, just let her go.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
okay just move on she isn't interested in anything other than having your attention
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
don't waste your time on this failed relationship. move on with your life.
Oceans-Wave
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First things first. Improve your spelling.

If she ended it with you, it's best you move on from her. Maybe she is seeing someone new, but wants to keep you on side in case anything happens in that relationship, or likes everything on her terms. Best to cut contact.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We broke up mutually but I never really wanted to, it was because she started to dusntance herself from me and the relationship. She stopped wanting to see me, change days, said she had to be back st a certain time etc. So eventually when she said 'we can't carry on like this' I relucagredd to end it. After the break up we have kept in touch with her initiating contact and also me. A lot of the time she stops replying and deliberately igñores me, sometimes for months until she gets in touch again or I get in touch. At the beginning of the break up' I tried to fix things, meet up, talk, coffee, anything all to no avail and then she would ignore me again. So I went quiet for months until one day I accidentally sent her a message meant for someone else. To my shock she replied and seemed to almost be pleased to hear from me. She asked abiut me, what I meant upto, how I'm doing etc. Then again it died off. she stopped replying. Then a couple of weeks later we started talking again and we got talking about the break up for the first time. She told me things I never knew she told me how I upset her at the end, how she felt bad, trapped and upset. This was such a surprise to me and I actually felt sick knowing I had made her feel like that. I asked her to explain how and why but she never really said. I still don't know why she started to lose interest. Everytime I asked she just told me not to worry......how could I try and fix things if she wouldn't tell me?
I told her I wish I could go back and change tings, I apologised for making her feel like that. She asked me if I was trying to say I wanted to try again. I said he really to her I wanted to meet up and offered to take her out. She said she wasn't sure and confused and would think abiut it that day and get back to me that day, she did but no mention of meeting up so I had to ask again. She said she didn't know. Didn't want to say yes to get my hopes up nor say no and regret it? She said we could still talk though. So the last few weeks we have been talking, me making the convo and her replying in hours, even when she online......lately though she become more open and jokey even asking me questions. I jokingly pit in about meeting up, it had been three weeks and no mention from her. She replied saying we've talked about this and I said that's fine, she said she still not sure??
She then ignored my reply for ages until she replied back with not a lot and I told her it has to feel right. She's gone on to ignore this and hasn't replied again. Why can't she say yes or no?
What do I do? I also have reason to beleive she is chatting to another guy. This guy seems a bit of a player.
Let it go her hearts not into you
Anonymous #1
Shame she can't just be honest
Apologies for spelling
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oceans-Wave)
First things first. Improve your spelling.
Have you ever thought about going into counselling?
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes. she has been playing with your time for ages at her convenience. She should stay dumped!
4StarsOutOf5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Paragraphs. Please.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 4StarsOutOf5)
Paragraphs. Please.
Sorry very difficult for me
Issuer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Knowing how to move on appears not to be one of your strongest points.

If it were me, I'd try and fine a new hobby to immerse myself in or more aggressively persue an existing hobby I had, to help with the moving on.
RantingWhovian
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dear god take a hint, she doesn't want to meet up and feels bad because you're clearly still really in love with her! big gaps between replying means shes seeing and choosing to ignore you, not committing to meeting up hoping you'll forget, just stop asking and just stop talking to her and move the hell on. she is not interested in you anymore at all, take a goddamn hint.
Anonymous #1
Yes it's only because i still have strong feelings for her. We were together years, it's very difficult just to stop feeling anything. Although she appears to. She's lieing to me, she told me there wasn't anyone else but i know there is another guy. she also doing her ignoring again. I will probably not hear from her now.
RantingWhovian
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it's only because i still have strong feelings for her. We were together years, it's very difficult just to stop feeling anything. Although she appears to. She's lieing to me, she told me there wasn't anyone else but i know there is another guy. she also doing her ignoring again. I will probably not hear from her now.
she's not your property dude, stop contacting her she clearly doesn't want anything to do with you. she mightve stopped loving you way before actually ending the relationship, or realised you felt a LOT stronger than she did and got scared. I really hope she stops contacting you because you sound really intense and creepy
Welshvisitor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This ended ages ago. There’s no point poking at a dead end. Find someone new.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RantingWhovian)
she's not your property dude, stop contacting her she clearly doesn't want anything to do with you. she mightve stopped loving you way before actually ending the relationship, or realised you felt a LOT stronger than she did and got scared. I really hope she stops contacting you because you sound really intense and creepy
Fair enough. I'm not sure im creepy. All I'm doing is asking to meet up woth her and she can't even give me a straight answer. If she'd of said no sorry then that's fine, why say 'I'm unsure' or i can't decide, i still don't know. I'm leaving it now, I'm not getting in touch with her again.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fair enough. I'm not sure im creepy. All I'm doing is asking to meet up woth her and she can't even give me a straight answer. If she'd of said no sorry then that's fine, why say 'I'm unsure' or i can't decide, i still don't know. I'm leaving it now, I'm not getting in touch with her again.
Well think that tells you all you need to know then that she won't give you an answer, she's not interested, move on
Anonymous #1
I guess so. Maybe one day I'll meet someone who actually wants to be with me lol!
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It may be easier just to block her on social media, then you won’t be tempted to contact her again.

You need to find someone who is keen on you and whom you can treat well and maybe learn some lessons from this past relationship
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (56)
30.94%
No I don't (89)
49.17%
I work during the holidays (36)
19.89%

Watched Threads