Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Last edited by blingblingblu; 1 year ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blingblingblu)
personally i like oriel better but seems like st catz is not that popular(?) so will i get a higher chance to get admitted to oxford if i choose st catz 🤔
To the best of my knowledge, that's not how admissions at Oxford work. While you may be less likely to be admitted to Oriel, you will have the same chance of being admitted to the university regardless of which college you choose.

As far as I'm aware for most (all?) courses you will normally be interviewed by a second college, and may be admitted another college through a reallocation system (either before interview or after). This system is in place to prevent applicants who are "Oxford material" from being squeezed out due to applying to an oversubscribed college, so they have as good a shot at the university in general.

If you specifically like Oriel, then your best chance of getting into that specific college is by applying to it. However that won't affect (in theory at least) how likely you are to get into Oxford generally.

BrasenoseAdm or LMH OXFORD might be able to shed a little more light on this?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Im applying for law (2020 entry). Should I go for st catz or oriel? anyone can give some advice
Which college did you apply to in the end
blingblingblu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
Which college did you apply to in the end
st catz!
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
st catz!
Good! Just asking, as my son studies at Oriel.

All the Oxford colleges are great, tbh and offer the same standards of teaching. I'm sure you will find some great friends, too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads