effective sociology tips?

Watch this thread
td6299
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
doing A-Level sociology and in my final year, does anyone have any effective tips to boost my grade?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Euphoria101
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Sociology is an easy a-level when you know how to write the essays!

In my opinion, the sheer volume of content is insane. The first step is to memorise as much as possible, I loved doing flashcards!

You need to do essay plans. This allows you to successfully apply all the knowledge you've crammed.

Essays in sociology are quite strange. The examiners are obsessed with the structure, so you need a solid one. Make sure to LINK really obviously, even if it feels stupid, at the end of ever paragraph.

USE MODERN EXAMPLES!!!!!!!!

3 for a 30 marker,
2 for a 20,
1 for a 10

If you wanna do an essay and message me I can read a ten marker for you
dunyasimoes
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dyingstudent101)
Sociology is an easy a-level when you know how to write the essays!

In my opinion, the sheer volume of content is insane. The first step is to memorise as much as possible, I loved doing flashcards!

You need to do essay plans. This allows you to successfully apply all the knowledge you've crammed.

Essays in sociology are quite strange. The examiners are obsessed with the structure, so you need a solid one. Make sure to LINK really obviously, even if it feels stupid, at the end of ever paragraph.

USE MODERN EXAMPLES!!!!!!!!

3 for a 30 marker,
2 for a 20,
1 for a 10

If you wanna do an essay and message me I can read a ten marker for you
by modern examples do you mean just recent current affairs events? Could you give me an example? I'm in a similar situation. I absolutely love the subject and did well in GCSE but have always been let down with the essays and my teacher always criticises my structure (but tbh I never understand what structure he wants).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (12)
30.77%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5.13%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5.13%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
7.69%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15.38%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.56%

Watched Threads