Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ARGH! lol my driving test is on Wednesday and im just now starting to get panicky lol. n e 1 with any pointers?

any past experience? (i.e why you failed?)

all comments are greatly appreciated!!!! (if you don't want to tell everyone else then PM me lol)

thank you all!!

ReputationRep:
    drive properly.

make few mistakes but make sure you do everything you need to (eg get in the box if doing a reverse park).

dont make serious mistakes.

being nervous is fine.

be positive!

ReputationRep:
    For starters - good luck. The main thing I guess and I suppose its obvious is don't panic. I failed because of this very reason. Don't be nervous, just think of it as another driving lesson and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    something i learnt... never offer the examiner any sexual favours in return for a pass..just a tip

ReputationRep:
    Good luck The only advice I can give you is to just stay calm and drive how you drive in lessons. If you're sensible and don't panic then you'll be fine. The examiners aren't there to be scary, they just need to know that you'll be safe on the road. My examiner was lovely - he introduced himself as Derek, asked me what school I went to, what subjects I was studying, what I wanted to do at uni etc. When we drove past my school he made a joke about letting me out. It wasn't funny, but I obviously had to laugh at his joke

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck!!! Just stay calm and act as if it's a lesson but with someone else. Do lots of looking in mirrors etc. I took my driving instructor with me for that extra bit of luck. Something must of worked cos i passed! Good luck again

stay calm. dont get irritated if stuck in traffic (good b/c u have less drivin to do)

ReputationRep:
    Try to relax, breathe steadily, don't think about too many things at once.

Good luck. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    at a junction I think you get a minor for hesitation and a major if you pull out at the wrong time (ie the car behind has to slow down). I know what i'd do at a junction on my test.

but u can only get 4 (mayb 5) minors for the same thing then itz a serious fault

ReputationRep:
    whenever the examiner says anything, check the centre rear-view mirror

ReputationRep:
    How did it go posh_git?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait... you said on Wednesday... so you haven't taken it yet. Ignore me

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.